clematis

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

anyone know the name of this clematis?

Thumbnail by levilyla
Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

If this is a recent picture then it looks like my Belle of Woking. It is my favorite for it blooms until fall. Linda

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks..yes it was taken today actually. Mine bloomed in June and then I had just one blossom in November. Anything I can do to make it bloom more later on?

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

If it is the Belle of Woking here is the data page from PF: http://davesgarden.com/pdb/showimage/11520/
I usually deadhead after it blooms. This is my third year with this clematis and instead of climbing (I was alittle late in placing the trellis) It is hugging the ground. It looks like a small shrub loaded with blooms. Too bad I can't show you. I do not have a camera.

Look at the pictures on the link. Is it your plant? Linda

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, I love this Clematis. Of course, I love them all but she's special.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually the pictures in that hyperlink do not look like mine..mine is not at all lavender..more white with a little pale green...and the leaves look different. That one, if it is Belle of Woking, is beautiful! Gee, now I am confused.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

You are right. I said the wrong thing. I even told a landscaper the same thing. Oh well, now I will have to hunt her up. Mine is 'Duchess of Edinburgh'

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/15544/

Is this it?

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Mine still semms to have a little pale green in it but it certainly is closer..must be

Thumbnail by levilyla
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I used to get the names of those two mixed up all the time!
BTW, a little epsom salts(1 TBSP per plant) worked in at the base, but not touching the stem will green up those leaves.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Cala, thanks for the tip. Do you normally give them some each Spring? Linda

I used to when I lived in TN but I don't have many clematis down here.
I use Epsom salts on tropicals that are recovering from winter.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Where in TN? Crossville is midway between Nashville and Knoxville on I-40.
Linda

I lived between Knoxville and Oak Ridge.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the tip!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I have both Belle of Woking and the Duchess. The Belle has the slightest lavender tinge but not Duchess. I have Belle on a trellis with Multi Blue and Duchess growing through a young magnolia about 12' high along with The President (large vivid purple) and Serenata (dusky lavender).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.