Is it to late to start seeds?

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Do I even need to tell everyone again I have no clue what I'm dong? Good! Ok just bought MSJen and I some Black Dragon seeds, but how or when do I start them? I wanted to try some in pots first then if I liked them and could get a handle on it I'm going to try and see how they live outside here in a semi shady spot. I so can't wait till the seeds get here!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I got some seeds 2 weeks ago, and have decided to plant them in December.
You could do some now, and some later.
sidney

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Great! Thanks I'll plant 5 or so now then another 5 or 10 in December. I have to start buying little starter pots a grow mat, lights...lol the DH will be broke by the time I'm done.

I just kept mine on a shelf that is under a window in my LR. No heat mat.
Start saving small pots or 6 packs sterilize with bleach/soap washing.
Purchase plenty of Hydrogen peroxide to water with.(1/2 cup HP to 1 gallon water) I had them in a large tray and added water to tray not plants.
Hubby much happier.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

Hydrogen peroxide? Ohh I am so lost...can you explain why you water with the H2o2?

I can't use the laundry room since it's also our downstairs half bath (a man HAD to design this house) So I was going to set up a little station in the garage with a warming mat and a hanging workshop type light. It's close to a plug so I can have a fan and the light going for my starters in Jan (my maters)

That will be great. H2O2 helps fight the dreaded "Damping off fungus" that is a curse to small seedlings. It can also save an overwatered plant sometimes.

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

lol...i so did things wrong this year! I just stuck seeds in potting soil in a pot in march and waited for them to grow!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

I didnt even think about it being too late to start coleus seeds. Oh well, i'll start some now and then save some for later.
Still breaking it down in 3's, its going to be 16 kong seeds each, and 33 of each of the others, lol

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I know I'll be coleused! I'll have to sneak in a few more pots (maybe the DH won't notice) I've been looking online at heat mats and grow lights...ayyyyiee I'm going to have to buy a little at a time and hide it under a bed till time to use it. *G* my DH is already muttering about the cost of our maters.

Tell him to deduct the cost of an hour of expensive therapy every week from his "cost".
(;>)

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

araness - look for cheap heating pads and seeds starter kits/pots at garage sales. You have been bitten by the garden bug.

Judy

Auburn, AL(Zone 8a)

I know *sigh* the DH ask me today was this here to stay or a fad (I'm verrrry ADD so I tend to jump from hobby to hobby) but I think this is something here to stay...so I need to get crackin and find some of the things I'm going to need for my seedlings in Jan.

Saint

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.