Need a good on-line site for buying clematis...

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

....could anyone give me a good on-line source for clematis?

I just love the Pistascio clematis and they don't have it in my local nursery.

Thank-you, Margie

(Zone 4a)

Brushwood Nursery is a reliable place to buy
Clematis.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you taramark...That site is wonderful with great photos and instructions too...they do not seem to have the Pictaschio clematis though...too bad, maybe I can find something else though. I am glad too that shipping is free when you order 2 plants and a discount with 3...gives me something to strive for!! :-))

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

gardencorssings.com has alot of Clematis and they have great reviews here in the Watchdog. I did a quick search and didn't see that they had Pictaschio either but I may have missed it.
Sandy

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Sandy...that looks like a nice site also. I am beginning to wonder if maybe Pistachio is either too new or for some reason not being carried by some of these good suppliers? Anyone know?

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Gardencrossing will send you nicer plants

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Good to know ahelms...thank you!

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

OK...I thought you would like to know, I spent hours today pondering over the on-line catologues and finally placed an order...I wanted a look like trunnel has with 3 different colored clematis...so I ordered "Sunset", "Snow Queen" and "The President"... I have just the area for them too, between 2 roses...Thank you for your help!
Margie

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Margie, hope they grow great for you. I think you'll be happier with Clematis from GardenCrossing. I ordered from both places and the Brushwood Nursery plants were much smaller for the same price basically.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

A friend of mine, found Pistacho at Wal-Mart.she said they were being abused...and they wanted, like $17.00 for them and they wouldn't reduce the price...they told her they get the same amount of $ if they die, then if they are sold.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Donna...I hope so too!

melvatoo...Thank-you, now that you mention it, I did see them advertised in Walmart on-line...I assumed they were the dry, packaged ones and didn't think about them again. I will have to see if they have them in the store if I go there.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Melva, our Walmart. Lowe's and HD abuse the plants terribly and try to sell them for top dollar.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I think it is a pretty universal thing....my friend was going to try to rescue some of the Clematis when they throw them away. Her DH works there, so maybe he can rescue them....

Oakland, CA

Be careful about rescuing plants from big corporations -- I talked to a guy at Home Depot who said that an employee who took some dying plants home-- when the vendor GAVE them to him-- was fired the next day. Sometimes a tax write-off is more important to management than giving abused stuff a good home.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks, that is good to know. I will be sure to tell her that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.