Babylon Light Blue Verbena

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's Babylon Light Blue Verbena. I am hoping it will weave in and out of my daylilies over the summer. I also have purple, hot pink and lavender ones. Will post photos when they grow a little more.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Please do post more photos: it is so beautiful and would look so nice in a field of daylilies.

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

Don't listen to her! More photos! Of course, I think I bought some too so I am immune to temptation.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, I think this is the prettiest of the three.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Just thought I'd post some updated photos of the Babylon verbenas I've been growing for the first time this year. I'm not sure if this is the blue or lavender, but one plant has grown at least 4'X4'. Great for weaving in among daylilies. Here it is with some dahlias. I have been trying to keep it dead headed, but I think it would keep on blooming even if I didn't.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another shot of the same area. I think the photo above was the purple and this is the LIght Blue and a magenta on the other side of the path.

Susan

This message was edited Aug 21, 2005 9:18 AM

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Very pretty Susan. Are these Babylon verbenas different than the tapiens?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure. I grew a tapein a few years ago in a pot and it did not do nearly as well as these have this year. They are put out by Plant Select. The Magenta one may not be a Babylon One, I could not find it's label.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2005 9:29 AM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This one was called Babylon Bright Pink Verbena. It has grown into the Moonbeam coreopsis which is just about to start reblooming after a July cutting back. The verbena gets about 6" tall and just weaves around other things without being too aggressive.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here is the Babylon Light Blue again. It does add a lot of color to the area where the daylilies are finished blooming and the mums have not started. Does anyone know if it's possible to take cutttings from verbena and root them to grow under lights over winter?

Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.