Messenger... How and when to use it?

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

I have some messenger from Eden Bioscience here and have some new beds with about 50% compost that are raised that I have put some tomatoes and peppers into... They are looking decent but we have had straight rain and cooler temps going to the upper 30s at night during the past week. I want to know how and when I should treat these babies. I also have a lettuce patch that is going nuts, A colecrop bed with not a single pest (knock on wood) that is doing very well, peas that are coming on slowley but surely and onions in the ground from starts as well as tomatillos (sunburned but OK and EggPlant that I really need to row cover. (worried about pests) I have melons and some squash ready to go in as well and lots more peppers. What should I do and what should I not do? A more dilute mix good for any of these, how long in the ground prior to spraying?

Drew

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Drew, Tplant turned me on to Messenger and I've got to believe it does as advertised. For plants going into the garden, I'd wait two weeks before spraying. Just follow the directions on the package (1 small package/gallon water) and spray on the foilage. I've used it on all of my veggies this year and so far the radishes, peppers, herbs and green beans have grown and produced very well. I've also used it for my citrus trees and they look better than ever before and are loaded with fruit! Good luck - Flip

Dayton, WA

Okay, enlighten us old fogeys who apparently aren't in the know...what the hell is this messenger stuff?

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

See the Eden Bioscience website for details but there are several users on here that swear by it... Jury is still out here as I have just applied it for the first time. It has harpin protiens in it that turn the switch on for the plant to tell it it is under attack and it really perks it up. (Supposedly)

Drew

Audubon, PA(Zone 6b)

Tplant.... do you still use MESSENGER????? What's your advice on it's use for tomatoes?????? Pleeeeze........

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.