Cup and Saucer Vine Question

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I have my seedlings in full sun like the directions told me to do. But they look a bit ... stressed. However, they are putting on new growth but slowly.

Should I move to a part sun location? Then move back to full sun when they're larger plants?

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I keep mine in part shade until they have quite a few leaves on them. Remember also that cup and saucer does not like to dry out completely. Here is one that I just moved to full sun. I will leave it in full sun for a couple of weeks before I plant it.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

The couple of times I have grown these I always loved em but they really want heat to really grow and grow well. Here in western Oregon they are not winter hardy and didn't bloom till September at least. I was able to overwinter one once and it was great fun to see it start that much quicker the next growing season. I have seen them down in Berkeley, CA and they can get huge and grow to fill a small pergola.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I didn't get to do that this year, although I kept telling myself to buy seeds and start them that much earlier.

Mine are a purplish color right now... is that normal?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.