my very FIRST IRIS bloom

Corte Madera, CA

after days and days waiting for the bud to unfurl - - - here she is. so tall, yet gracefully swaying in the breeze. she's one of my home depot finds.

i think after seeing how beautiful an iris can be, i'll forget about SELF CONTROL and ORDER away! my irises are still in nursery pots. when is the best time to replant them on the ground?

merci!

Thumbnail by Moonglow
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

That is very lovely, Moonglow. What cultivar is that?

The best time to move Iris is always July to September, but I really don't know what happens with pots. To tell you the truth, it probably is OK about a month after it blooms.

Corte Madera, CA

hi, doss! thanks for looking. i am so excited. you were with me when this whole thing started. thank you. the tag said "color tart" but i'm not sure if it's true to the label.

i hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

moonglow---your iris is so elegant! It looks a lot like this 'color tart' http://www.virginiagarden.com/iris/6.jpg

and I love the purple-y color. Be sure to post your other irises and thanks for posting..they're so fun to look at! t.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's a pretty one! Isn't it fun to watch the buds form and swell up? I feel like I have to run out and check them a couple times a day to see if any are opening! Beware, they can become an addiction1

Susan

Corte Madera, CA

t, thanks for looking. i think TBIs love marin weather. oh, she is so gorgeous up close. and you are right, "color tart" according to the tag. i was looking at old pictures.

susan, last week it was storming here. really windy. i took her inside just to be safe. i can't wait to plant her (&co.) on the ground. they'll be happier and healthier there for sure. (you think neighbors are watching when we go in and outside the house just to check for a bud?!)

i planted my irises around the time my uncle passed away. i was trying to cheer my cousin up and dedicated my irises to his dad. it cheered me up, too. he was my dad's only brother. (so, i said - - - these rizomes better grow! lol.) doss, that's why i am ever more enthusiastic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.