Confused...

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I know the small flat of seedlings are dats, and the front 4-pak with 3 seedlings are brugs, but I thought the back/black flat was brugs, too! The leaves sure don't look like the brug leaves. Do ya'll think I just goofed and these are dats, too???

Thumbnail by Sequee
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Second question - what now? I've never grown either of these before. What do I do next? How long do they stay in their cells? Do I pot up or plant out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

I think the black pot is Brugs, but I don't know what the pot in front of them are. Coleus?

I would give them plenty of light and let them get a little bigger, pot up then plant out. Unless you have a very protected area to plant them in.

This message was edited May 16, 2005 8:07 AM

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

The ones in the carmel colored 4-pak are Rosamonds. I thought the ones behind them were brugs, too, but they look nothing alike. Egad - will I ever be able to get any of these to give me flowers?

Brug, Datura, Passiflora - I will be thrilled wioth even one of ANY of them!!!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

lol lol lol Well I'm totally confused!! I don't even see a carmel colored seed tray, but I do see a "red" one up front. Remember Dats & Brugs was listed as the same and have just in that last couple of years been broken down to 2 different species or varieties, whatever. So all the leaves would look alike, not only that but when they first sprout they look like tomatoes and peppers.. lol lol You got a fine crop of whatever it is.

Judy

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

My won't this be interesting!? When do you think I should pot them up, or put them out?

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

The black pot should be ready now or soon to be put in 4 in pots, but the others need to get about twice their size before repotting them.

Judy

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Thank you! That's exciting!

Fredericton, NB(Zone 5a)

Not sure what the white tray on the left is ...but ... I just started Daturas and Burgs this year and the back is Daturas and the front is Brugs according to mine...here a pic tonight of a Dat seed planted Apr.3, only 6weeks and a flower already??? beats me
Jo ☼

Thumbnail by JoSnoop
Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Oh I bet that's the Mini Lilac, right?

Judy

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

WOW!!!! Totally cool! (The white tray is brand new dat babies!)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Drat! The 2 in the caramel colored flat (red to you, Judy!) bit the dust!

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Before or after you potted them up?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Before. I gathered from the above that I was to hold off on transplanting them until they were a bit bigger. Same thing happened last time I got them to be about this size. One day they looked good and strong, the next day they were all shriveled up!

The ones in the black and the babies in the white tray are doing great, though. I will be planting up on those one evening this week.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Sorry about the others dying.

Judy

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Me, too! I seem to do so much better with veggie seeds than flowers. Been planting up a storm!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, though! I'm really hoping to get a few pretties out there this year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.