border bearded

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I wanted to put Double Up in the plant files but I want to just put the photo and no info.
Can anyone tell me the tec details: i.e.
family,
genus,
height,
that kind of stuff...

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

very pretty!

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

DOUBLE UP

(B. Hager, R. 1984). Sdlg. RE3564PcBi. BB, 24" (61 cm), M & RE (Oct. in CA).
"S. light lavender blue; F. white ground, stitched deep violet on edge; pale yellow beard. Fall Fulfillment X Thundercloud. Melrose Gardens."

Sorry it took so long....{{{{pant, pant}}}} but I just got here. LOL.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

thank you so much...I had given up :)
I received this one in a trade from a nice Garden Web person..its the only BB I have. will the family and genus name be the same as the other TB iris in the plant files?

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Yes.

Moscow, TN(Zone 7a)

Very pretty, Charlotte!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Very pretty, is it a rebloomer? I am hoping to trade for a few new reblooming iris this fall.
Teresa

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Teresa. I honestly have no idea. :)

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

Teresa according the AIS registry info listed above it reblooms in California in October. This means is has the ability to rebloom but may not do so due to climate differences. Charlotte will know by October, November for sure but even then it may take several years to settle in before it decides to show a second bloom period each year. It's a risky venture.

Some irises that rebloom here in MD for me every year are Northward Ho, Cayenne Capers (took 2 years to settle into the 2nd bloom period), Immortality, Late Lilac, Harvest of Memories, Fall Festival (border bearded), What Again (SDB), Forever Blue (SDB). I've got more rebloomers but they have yet to produce their first fall bloom for me.

Hope this helps. Here's Late Lilac.

Roni

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.