Adding to PlantFiles question/s

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Im adding a few pictures of seeds (so far) to the PlantFiles, but I cant find any info on Penguin Gourds. Is it under Curcurbita, or Lagenaria siceraria?
Also... I see Jo has added 'Weeks World Record Variety' under the Bushel Gourd, is this the only Bushel type there is? I was so lucky to have someone send me seeds, labeled as Bushel Gourd, and I just want to get them correct in the PlantFiles.
Im just too excited so try and grow them, and get what I can added to the PlantFiles.

Crossville, TN

I did? Hmmm I don't think I know of "Weeks World Record Variety". Jo...
edited to add:
I went to the PF and checked the Bushel Gourd...I think when I posted the picture it automattically posted the variety...it must have been put on there by Wuertz Farm.

This message was edited May 14, 2005 1:54 PM

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

There are apparently two types of bushel gourd, hard shell and soft shell. The Week's World Record is listed as Cucurbita pepo (Soft Shell). Other cultivars are listed as Lagenaria siceraria which are the hard shell gourds. Weeks is a small company that specializes in giant vegetables. The penguin gourd is a type of calabash pipe gourd (Lagenaria siceraria )

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.