NOW THIS IS WAR!!!!!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

First, may we have a moment of slience for the deceased..................

Thank you.........................

Second, man your hoes, man your shovels, man your traps...........the war is on......

I have seen, with my own eyes, and which was brought to my attention at 2am last night by my trustworthy guard dog, picture above, that there was trouble afoot.

After turning on my outside lights, there perpetrator had the gall to still be standing there making rude gestures at me.....can you imagine...........doing that after he had the nerve to desimate my Littlest Kong? By Baby..........My Hope for many cuttings.........FOR HEAVENS SAKE, THE FUTURE!!!!!!!

Dear, oh dear, I must get a hold of myself.....this is no good for my frail heart and constitution..............

Anyway, back to the intruder, officer............He is grey,,,,,about 10" tall,,,,,,,,and I would say at least 16" long, officer......I don't think that I would recognize his face again for I only got a glimpse of him returning to his home in MY FERNS!! Can you imagine that officer.........I'm harboring a perpetrator....deartest me oh my. But to continue, sir,, he hair was really salt and pepper and not very well groomed....he had a rather large pointy nose also.....oh, and dirty long nails.....very unkempt for sure. I did hear, as he took for cover, someone call him. If my hearing is correct, I believe that it was Possy. Can you help me officer? Can you capture him without violence?

I have a dear friend that is also having a problem with unwanted visitors....but can you believe, she wants to WRITE A BOOK ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!! I just can't believe it. To make a hero out of such creatures.

Friends....can you offer any help before the garden police take over? I would like to do this before out-and-out war is necessary..

Mrs. Happy_1
Coleus Lover

PS. Viewing will be from 2-4pm today May13, 2005 for Baby Kong

Thumbnail by Happy_1
Englishtown, NJ(Zone 6b)

My tears for Baby Kong are flowing. Whether they are tears of sadness or from laughter ... well I better leave that unsaid ;>)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you so much....only a mother such as you could understand.........

Hap

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Now I believe in the NRA. Let's go get 'em!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

pirl....

No disrespect intended, but I do think that we should wait until after viewing hours to make any hasty decisions...

The Bereaved Mother--Hap

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Well, viewing hours are over, so Annie Get Your Gun, saddle up and ride out!!! Or as they say in a more modern vernacular...lock and load!!

Poor Happy, I really hate to tell you this, but there really isn't any way to get rid of him other than that long, last trip into possom heaven. We thought we had licked the problem when I lived in Miami until we saw a mama possum run across the back yard with about 10 babies on her back. Did you know that's how they carry them?

Good luck Chica!
Pati

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Lock and Load,,,that's a new one....is that the same as rock and roll......or do you lock and load and rock and roll? or you could even lock and rock and load and rolll........or you could........think I'll stop here...People are starting to stare.

I've been thinking about sending my guard dog out, but I don't want to be cruel and I hate the sight of something being torn to shreds. being tossed in the air while screaming and to see the look on it's eye when the jugular is finally and firmmmmmmmmmmmmmlyyyyyyyyyyy crunccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddd..coughcoughcough..........especially when it's my little doggie aka guard dog...LOL

As Scarlette would say.........."I'll think about that tomorrow......"

Night nite

Hap

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

GUARD DOG..........................

Thumbnail by Happy_1
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh Hap...you wouldn't send that sweet baby after that mean old snaggled toothed possy, would ya?
Dee

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh Hap, how awful your torment from a varmit! I so appologize for not atlest sending a telegram, but was completely un aware of your loss until just a few moments ago.
Tomorrow is another day!
sidney

Hap- You made my Day on Friday the 13th..
I had such a smile on my face after reading your experience... Let it be known not for your damage by the Thug but your story. I'm glad someone else has this to share and I am not being singled out by the racoons, opossum & my Dear Darlin garden companion's..... Babs & Mekko my feline companions....LOL
I hope the best for you and if you place some bamboo skewers pointed end outwards around the plants you may get them to take a detour around the plant. Good LUCK..

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

UUUUuuuuuuuuh....the ol'pungi stick routine.......with my forgetful mind, I would be the first to be impailed!! I planned to take the horns by the bull today and call the spca or sca, but alas, today is Saturday..... HEHEH.....Monday morning......watch out world.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

What a sad, sad, sad tale of woe!! Maybe you should join your friend in writing a short story and call it "For Whom the Bell Kongs!" Writing is good therapy and may help you deal with your grief. I will observe a few minutes of silence today between 2 and 4 Pm for your fallen loved one. I would never have guess that possums have enough good taste to like coleus! I know your own baby can never be relaced, but I will be glad to save you some Kong cuttings this fall if mine live to be divided.

Susan

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you for your kind words for they are appreciated at this grave time. I will take inconsideration a short story....

Hap

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Sorry Hap, I picked up the expression from "Top Gun". Would MUCH rather picked up Tom Cruise! LOL

"Lock and load is a metaphor of military origin. Its current, mainstream use is in the sense 'to prepare oneself for imminent action or confrontation'. In other words, "Get ready!"

The reference is to the loading of ammunition in a gun. The version of the command to chamber a round that's most familiar to World War II veterans seems to be load and lock, that is, load the ammunition and lock the weapon in firing position. More recently, the more popular version--and the only one used in this metaphorical sense--is reversed to lock and load, that is, lock the weapon in the safety position and then load the ammunition.

This expression has been in use since World War II. It seems to have spread beyond the military only in the last several years."

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Nancy and Archie,

You poor babies..........but have hope, I've a cure!!!!!. I think your varmints brother was over here in my yard. Man!!!! He really looks vicious and huge in the dark perched up on the chain link fence with my ferocious Snowy giving it "what for". UUUUUggggly, pointy snoot, black beady eyes. But then I WAS talking about the possum.

Only problem is, you'd have to put up a fence to keep her from your neighborhood cats.

Ah, don't let her fool ya, she DOES catch possums, rats, snakes and what not. You see, she camouflages herself very well. When she has her mark in sight, she holds very still, on point and then,,,,,,,,,, BAM!!!! her pointy snoot has that varmint in her mouth.

My Snowy will come to your rescue.

:^))))

Thumbnail by MollyMc

May I ask what Mr Snowys breed is? Nice grin.
Talk about camoflage.
I can't tell where she ends and begins.
Thought it was a deer for a moment, then remembered they don't stalk snakes.
sidney

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Sidney,

Tolja, she camouflages well. Wondered if you would find her. She's my brindle greyhound. She's a retired racer, 9 1/2 years old. A real couch potato but sharp as a tack outside. She reminds me frequently of the "hound" in greyhound. Truly the hound is in her blood.

:^)))

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Hurry and set a live trap or you will just end up writing a book about him or is it a her??

Lol lol

Slim Jim Tucker

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I don't know how close I really want to get to find out.....I know the way to tell on puppies is to hold them over your head and check the bottle of their feet.....that's what I heard a little kid say....LOLOL

We are having some problem with rabbies here and the woods are not far away. Maybe the family has just come in for a vay-cay.....LOL and then will move back in the fall.

We have a Critter Catcher company, or some name like that, and I think that I will call. Do not want to hurt the animal just want him in a retirement condo away from here. It will be so much easier for 'em.

Now about that book.........believe it or not I have an idea...........stay tuned...

Hap

I'm still around, and wearing black.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Sugar, sugar, the pain is subsiding, but alas poor uri...I mean Kong....he is but a stub............but as you know, sometimes things will spring from just a stump.............................................

Yep!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Oh

Too many things went through my mind, to say much more above.
Now we can hope for a tad of growth.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm wig qa.......

Need a shovel...you're only getting deeper....

giggles are hard to control, just get me a Back-hoe.

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

Yikes .. guys!! what are you saying ?? it is only a plant, right ??

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Yup

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.