Trailing Coleus

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Anyone finding any trailing coleus, in their local garden centers, Today, I finally found two small ones..Chocolate drop, and strawberry drop. I just love them, and wish I could find more..
Dee

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Haven't seen any, Dee....they all seem to be touting the Kongs......

Hap

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Oh I do like the idea and love the fact that they used the word "drop" - a big tip off for future plants. IF I see any I will post it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I had to order my trailing ones, but I have Strawberry Drop, Trailing Queen and Meandering Linda. Of the 3, Meadering Linda is my favorite. I am trying to start some cuttings from it to share. So many great coleus all of a sudden!

susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure if Inky Fingers is classified as a trailer or not, but it seems to for me. This is one started from a couple cutting inside last fall and it grew a lot over the winter.

Susan

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Kin, Meandering Linda really does have almost a glow just like the the photo show. So far, I think it is my all time favorite coleus, but lots of my other ones are too small yet to really know what they will end up doing.

Susan

Thanks lincolnitess! I just wrote about helping myself to a cutting last year and I loved Inky Fingers. Just found it at a nursery and actually paid for it.

Well I must say I like the color. It would look great with my Tom West Fuchsia for the contrast. Maybe next year I will try and find this one. Thanks for sharing it.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i love meandering linda. here's a picture of the one my mom planted, she put it in a pot alone.

Thumbnail by daylily970

Wow! The pictures of the meandering Linda are fantastic. It looks like a shrub!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Mine is small yet, but the catalog said it would make a 30" mound if grown on the ground and trail about 24".

Susan

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Oooooh Susan, that Meandering linda is soooo pretty, and Inky fingers looks like it trails. Maybe when you get ready to do some swapping, I can come up with some that you would like...Hope so, anyway.

Dee

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is Red Trailing Queen. A lot like Meadering Linda, but not as much of a glow around the edges.

Susan

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

ML is beautiful. I am going to look for some. I want to find my favorite also. I don't know the name but it is lime green and white and I love it. Like a nut I didn't save any from last year.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

lincolnitess, Your Meandering Linda looks like my Swinging Linda ?? Is this par for the course with Coleus?

Thumbnail by se_eds
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Funny, se_eds, I just mentioned the same thing in another thread! They do look a lot alike.

Susan

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Hi , my name is Yvonne and I'm new here. I live in Wyoming and I found a trailing plum. Its really small yet but I like the looks of it. I'm attaching a pic of it. I'm really getting to like the Coleus. Now that I see there are so many variations. I have one coming called Velvet Red. It looks so pretty. Yvonne

Thumbnail by vonny53
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nice to have you with us Yvonne! Your trailing Plum is a nice one too. Isn't it great that all of a sudden coleus have just exploded? I especially like the fact that there are so many sun tolerate ones now. You will have to show us Velvet Red when you get it. This fall we can all do some trading if you want to.

Susan

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

WELCOME fellow addict! We look forward to seeing you post all the new ones you get. Of course, we try to limit it to 100 varieties per addict, but don't worry about that, just post away! LOL
Pati

Welcome to DG and the cast of characters here who all love coleus. Please let me know if the plant was the size you photographed when you first received it because I have an order from Glassworks coming. Thanks.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

pirl, that's the size mine were when I got them. They are my favorite nursery!!
Pati

Thanks so much Pati! Now I'm even more excited.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy Yvonne, yyou are so welcome to our little coleus clique here. We're not snotty like most cliques though. We're just smitten with coleus.

hanna, WY(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just got the trailing plum last week so that is the size. I didn't order it though but I liked the idea that it would trail. I also got a Sun Coleus and a dark plum one, a kiwi fern, and a few others i can't remember. Has anyone gotten any of the Kong's? I've heard a lot about them but never saw any yet. Where is glassworks anyway? Thanks Yvonne

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Look further at this forum http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/coleus/ You will find many references to Kongs.

Yvonne: You do have a thrill in store for you! Just type in Glassworks and your search engine should find it. It's an outstanding display of many cultivars.

There's a place here, somewhere, with more than a page of Kong's. I'll try to find it and get right back here to let you know where it is.

Arlene

Now you know I'm a blonde because sugarweed gave you the link and I never caught it. Enjoy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.