irisfields

Moerkerke_Damme, Belgium(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone

I finally got to the US, to visit the irisfields.
Mendy picked me up at the airport and she put up a thread at the daylily forum.
Today we will meet Denise from Snowpeak Iris and daylilies.
So i put the link here to the thread we started ;
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/509055/

We hope you try to join us.
John

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Mendy and John! You two sure look happy. Seems that starting at snowpeak has you confused. Iris, Daylilies or..............:-)
I hope that you visited my Bianco Iris for me while you were there. I am really looking forward to them.
Wear your sunscreen and have a great time!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Visiting iris gardens? We expect pics!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

LIKE NOW

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Welcome to here, John, come on down to my yarden - I'll be glad to give you garden work in between desert tours. ;-))

Hi guys
Yes we visit almost each day irisnurseries and pics are coming there way.
The first one where were invited was Snowpeak iris and daylilies. Denise invited to give us a tour to the other nurseries. She is so sweet, and gave us a day to never forget. But men were we tired that day not only from the trip, but it was so hot!
Here a pic that Mendy made of us.

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Glad that you took everything in -- and how nice of Denise. Did you ever imagine that oregon could be so hot? Everyone forgets that it's all not coast. But it's sure beautiful. I'm glad that you're having a great time. And thanks for sharing.

I'm preparing to leave in a few hours from now. Sorry didn't had that much time to be on here. But we took tons of pics and will share them very soon.
Yesterday we went back to Mid america's iris garden, Tom was so friendly to show us the Belgian princess.

Everybody made me feel so welcome it was such a joy beeing here. I am really glad to make the trip overseas.

Thumbnail by John_Benoot
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Well, John certainly is a die-hard iris freak......camera in one hand, umbrella in the other and bags on his shoes to keep them from getting muddy!

Thumbnail by mgh
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

mgh, I lightened the color a little so we could all see John's big smile.

Susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

There's the John we all know and love!

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Susan, glad you gave John such a good time here amongst the Iris fields. John, sorry your stay was so short, glad you came to visit. ~Blooms

Hi everyone. John is on his way home.....should be about half way there by now. What an amazing time I had spending the week with him. I feel very lucky to have had as much time as we did....it was so hard to see him go back home.

Here are a few pics out of the hundreds I took this week.....thank goodness for a digital camera! The second night John was here we went to see Daisyruffles (aka: Carol). She has a lovely home and a beautiful garden. It was very nice being able to visit with you, Carol.

Edited to say: Thank you for lightening that pic, Susan.....it looks much better now. I was trying to post it quick before we headed to the airport today.

This message was edited May 18, 2005 11:03 PM

Thumbnail by mgh

A view of her garden.....hope you don't mind me posting this, Carol. (I stitched two photos together for this.)

Thumbnail by mgh
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Geez, Mendy, of course not!
But am embarrass on my yard. It has no rhyme or reason in design but just things I like.
But you did a good job stitching it. I have done that before with digital pics.
John was a pleasure to meet and talk with. A very interesting man and very knowledgable about gardening and designing.
Hope you guys had a very good time together.
Let's get together sometime.
Later, Carol

I would love to get together with you again sometime, Carol.....I want to see all those dahlias bloom!

Here is another view of Snowpeak Iris and Daylilies. Denise Stewart, the owner is such a wonderful person. She spent the first day with us taking us around to all the iris places.

This message was edited May 19, 2005 12:46 AM

Thumbnail by mgh

After visiting Snowpeak, Denise took us to Keppel's. From left to right in this photo: Philip Remare, Denise, Keith Keppel, and John. (Notice the shirt that John's wearing? ;-)

Thumbnail by mgh

Keith, Denise, and John in the iris fields.

Thumbnail by mgh

John, the iris freak, in action. LOL

Thumbnail by mgh

Another view of Keppel's.

Thumbnail by mgh

Ok, hope this was enough for tonight......more tomorrow....er, uh....later this morning that is. LOL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Since we're showing off iris gardens, here's mine!!!
Thanks for all the photos! What do you think, Doss??

Thumbnail by weegy12

Weegy, that is beautiful!!! If you lived closer to me you would have been on our tour route too! LOL

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you! I would have welcomed you too! I take alot of pride in this...this is my mom's property where I grew up...sure beats a field of weeds!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

What a great trip you are having. And you all look so happy. Daisy, your garden looks happy too, and if it's waiting for Dahlias, then it's REALLY happy. Mine are between 6" and a foot high right now. But it does leave 'holes' in the garden doesn't it? I just bought a lot of Million Bells to try to fill in the empty spaces in my perennial garden.

I can never wait for Dahlia season. Especially now that Iris season is almost done. We've got a little time, though, don't we?

And Weegy, your Iris garden is lovely. All that time down on your knees weeding really shows. I am so impressed.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thanks Doss! Yep, all the hard work sure pays off.
It's a peaceful place to be, but you know that already.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Doss,
Thank you for your nice comment on my yard.
I know what you mean about empty holes. I have had some hollyhock growing since last year thru the winter and hope they will finally bloom this year. Also had some carnations thru the winter for at least a little color. I don't know if you can see in the picture. I also got some Million Bells and put them in the "dahlia" bed this spring.
I also can't wait until my first dahlia blooms. Tho I still have quite a few tubers to get into the ground hopefully this weekend. Not in that bed you see but I had to make another bed for them.
So we will have to see each others dahlia pictures, hopefully on the Dahlia Forum soon!
Carol

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Carol that is my kind of Iris bed
More is always best with Iris . LOL

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Wowwwwwww, Weegy, how many cultivars do you have growing? Now that is one great looking Iris bed!

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sue, I have over 500 TB's 25 Louisiana's and about 25 spuria's. It's my dream come true! I try my darndest to keep it looking good, but it sure can attack you!

Here's a pic of John, Denise, and Keith. I think John posted this already, but I lightened it a little so we could see Keith's face.

Thumbnail by mgh

After Keppel's we went to Mid America. This is a view from about the middle of their property looking toward their house.

Thumbnail by mgh

Another view of Mid America and John searching for another beauty.

Thumbnail by mgh

And a view from the top of the hill where John was.

Thumbnail by mgh

Hostas anyone? This is also at Mid America. Can you see John at the other end taking a pic of me?

Thumbnail by mgh

Ok, John....it's your turn now. I think they want to see your photos too! ;-)

Hmmmm...I can't resist! Here are few more of my favorites...

This is Starship Enterprise

Thumbnail by mgh

And this is Queen's Circle

Thumbnail by mgh
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great photos! So much beauty in one place! Queen's Circle is blooming for me for the first time this year. It truely is a beauty!

Susan

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Here's my Huckleberry Fudge, it's a great rebloomer and has a pretty fragrance.

Thumbnail by weegy12

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.