Mountain Melody .... making music .....

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Bleek sent us each a Mountain Melody in memory of one of the DG members who died back in '02. It's bloomed every year since. I do not remember the name of the person, though. Maybe someone who sees this will....

Thumbnail by GrannyLois
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful and unusual Iris. And a sweet story.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The iris was in memory of Tink. Mine is blooming too. Isn't it special! :)

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

How wonderful! And yes this is a beautiful iris. Iris is the one flower I can always depend on to give me a show here in Tennessee. I'm sure you would agree Lois.

Tina

Thanks Doss and Badseed, yes it was Tink.
Definitely agreed, Tina.
Iris is the Tennessee state flower and is such an artistic flower.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

What a beautiful iris! I just love the ones with these colors together! What a nice way to remember someone to others as well. Is this iris still available to purchase? There is a great iris farm nearby that I will have to check for this particular iris on her list. She has so many it is hard to remember which ones I loved!
JanetS

Janet, I don't know. I would think it was still available, though. Lucky you = to live near an iris farm!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you have a memory garden? Pretty bloom.

No, bluegrass, but that's a good idea. After my husband died in '03, I was going to make a rose garden in his memory. I'm still going to do it, but I've never grown roses and need to learn and plan.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I do not have my memory plants in a bed together, but I have many things that are from loved ones that have gone to be with the Lord. It brings back fond memories just to see them in the garden. Sorry, if I am getting mushy.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Oh that is soooo striking and beautiful way to remember someone.
:) Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.