Bulbophyllum bicolor

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't take credit for getting the plant to flower because it arrived having two nicely developed spikes. One of them opened today, perhaps you might enjoy the sufficiently weird flowers.
Ursula

Thumbnail by RUK
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

WOW what an amazing flower Ursula.....it looks like tiny little yellow birds sitting on those petals! Ü

This message was edited May 10, 2005 10:16 PM

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I love those stripes! They look like an expensive paph I wanted to get. Congrats on your new orchid!

Indianapolis, IN

Ursula,
Nice one. Well done!
Huiray (Raymond).

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks!!
Like an expensive Paph? Perhaps....? Somewhat stripey?
Michelle, actually this one was quite reasonable, it was another one of Andy's Orchids. (fun stuff ) 2!! spikes. Nothing to complain about. :-) And I just simply get a kick out of Bulbos. They are not your "regular" over the top gorgeous orchids ( which I like too!), but they all have character.
Here is another one, if you feel like taking a look at the Bulbophyllum lobbii. ( with my growing experience on that one)
http://www.kammlott.net/May2004.html
Huiray, this one came along with the Bulbo saurocephalum, the daily special you had mentioned to me! The sauro is growing a very interesting looking spike too!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

That is one funky-looking orchid! What a deal to get it in spike!

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Andy rules!...lol, very nice flowers RUK.

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I love it!!! Another one to add to the 'I need to get List' Thanks for sharing ")

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

glad you like it!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.