easiest way to start datura???

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i have tried several methods and found none of them to be easy. any one have any suggestions that work and not take weeks???

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

MaVie recommends planting them outside in the flower bed when the weather is warmed up, see the other threads for particulars... night lows of 60 or 70 can't remember which.

Judy

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I keep reading all these post that talk about germination being only something like 40% but that is NOT the fact for me...I soak mine..then just barely cover them ontop the soil in my flowerbed and water well...I think I had something like 80% germination or MORE...soaking is the key....Hope this helps....Jeanne

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the input!!!

Judy

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

I planted mune in seed trays, watered and babied for weeks... I gave up threw the whole thing out near my shed and within two days 80% came up - needless to say I moved them to the bed. Will just sow outside and wait from now on...

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I came to this site feeling rather bad that I didn't start the seeds for my friend, Sandy, and then saw all I needed to know, right on this page, to give her a head start! Thanks everyone. So, the seeds she'll plant will flower this year?

Arlene

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Where does she live Arlene? I think if I planted seeds outside now that I would see blooms this year. These things grow very fast in the heat. I think she will have luck with them.

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Like others..I have soaked..barely covered and babied seeds...but 75154 finally gave me an idea !! I tossed everything into the various large pots of palms and bambo around my patio.
"SPROUT OR R.I.P" !!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

As I said in my Prior post..I planted those seeds in 1st March and had my first bloom May28th and they are still blooming..very fast from germination to bloom!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.