june 27

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Stan just brought me in a flower from the catalpa trees down at the bottom of the little orchard. He'd been down to check on Patty - she had a bull calf in the night. Clarese had a little heifer yesterday, busy baby time again.

Our youngest daughter was home over the weekend. She went to her former sister-in-laws highschool graduation. her former husband was there as well, so there were some difficult moments for her. she is doing very well, all things considered. He, on the other hand, who was the one who left and filed for divorce is doing very badly - wants her back. Not going to happen - there's only so much she'll put up with and he crossed the line when he left. Kids...

Jewel, we used to have a cat named Psycho Kitty - she spent way too much time under haymow chutes when she was a kitten and was waaaaaayy retarded. When she'd have kittens, she'd pop them out as she was running away from the pain or whatever devil she thought was chasing her. We'd gather them up, put them in a nice hay lined box and put her in and she'd discover all these lovely babies! Then she would start moving them, but she could never remember where she put them. I think in her whole life, she raised one kitten to adulthood. She did us all a favor one cold winter night when she decided to sleep under a cow. At least she died warm.

Well, I guess I'd better get going. I have my last occ. therapy appintment today and I need to get out before it gets too hot (been in the upper 80s) and get some more seeds planted and weeds 'unplanted,' as Jessie says.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!