The MDBs of Shadowood

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Much to my surprise, I found two MDBs with an open bloom in the main beds this morning. Typically, the main beds in back of the house are a week or two behind the rebloomer beds (where 'Caution Sign' bloomed yesterday) because of differences in sun exposure. But I'm not complaining about the unexpectedly early bloom! I LOVE my littleuns!

MDB 'Bit More'

Laurie

This message was edited May 8, 2005 2:05 PM

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

MDB 'Blue Doll'

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

MDB 'Alpine Lake' opened today.

Thumbnail by laurief
Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

really like alpine lake!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

MDB 'Western Circles' tried to open yesterday, but the continuing cool air slowed it down a day. It's open now, though.

Thumbnail by laurief
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The name Alpine Lake sure fits, and I love that Bit More. They're all beautiful.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Laurie--following your MDBs with interest. What a beautiful Spring sight!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

CHILD BRIDE is a little misshapen but still cute as a button.

Thumbnail by laurief
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yes, she is!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

ZIPPER made its appearance yesterday, but the bloom didn't open to its full, tiny glory until today.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

SNOWY RIVER doesn't tend to stand up well to rain, but a few little droplets couldn't get this flower down.

Thumbnail by laurief
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Zipper is so cute!!

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Love your Child Bride, Laurie!

Whoops, this one is a deformed by frost Chatterbox --Intermediate.

This message was edited May 20, 2005 11:04 PM

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

This message was edited May 22, 2005 12:37 PM

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

They're starting to pop so quickly now I'm having a difficult time keeping up! Here are 4 more MDBs that opened yesterday and the day before.

This first one is probably my favorite MDB. I just love the colors.

AURORA SEA

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

SPARKY is always a welcome sight.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

FLEA CIRCUS is a new bloomer for me this year. Isn't it just the cutest little thing??? It's a slow grower so far, though.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

INVISIBLE INK is a creamy white with absolutely no substance (one good rain will melt the flowers), but it is a nice vigorous grower and reliable bloomer.

Thumbnail by laurief
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Gosh Laurie those are fabulous. I'm really expanding my dwarf varieties this year and now I need to see if I can order some of these you've posted. I love Flea Circus and I have to agree Aurora Sea is so charming. Sparky is an eye-catcher too!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

AURORA SEA is a gorgeous blend of colors! Like the little FLEA CIRCUS too.

Susan

Laurie--I see you are spreading the joy of exquisite little blooms again. Beautiful!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

This is the best PINK BLINK has ever looked in my garden. It's a slow grower here.

Thumbnail by laurief
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Laurie--thank you for giving us a tour of your MDBs. You have some lovelies in your garden, and I especially like your Flea Circus.

Are any of your MDBs rebloomers? Just wondering...

Thanks again. t.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

There ought to be a whole new classification established for this one. VELVET TOY is the smallest of the small, a micro-mini, if you will.

As far as reblooming MDBs go, this is one of them. DOOZEY, GNUZ SPREAD, and GRAPELET are several more rebloomers, though none have ever rebloomed for me (including VT).

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I wouldn't even post this pathetic little pic of LEMON PUFF, but I'm afraid this is the only bloom I'm going to get out of it this year. This little guy doesn't stand up very well to rain.

Thumbnail by laurief

I am really enjoying your little ones. They would get lost in my gardens--makes me wish for a rock garden.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Wanda, I brought several dwarf iris to the KYRU. Did you recieve any? I was wondering if you could ID them.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

JOLLY JOEY is another cute littleun who's a little too ruffly for his own good. He never quite seems to expand fully.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

They're not done yet! GAY SUNSHINE finally opened a bloom that was camera-worthy.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

NANCY BUTTERFLY is an altogether charming late entry in MDB season.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I almost missed this one he was so far down in the foliage. MAYA MINT makes a late appearance.

Thumbnail by laurief
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Poor little CHUBBY CHERUB tried his best to join the party this year. As pathetic as it is, this is the better of the two blooms he managed after all the freezes.

Thumbnail by laurief

Just drooling & watching your babies bloom here in Iowa. Such sweet beauties!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.