harry lauders

Winchester, TN(Zone 7b)

my harry lauderswalking stick small but growing like a weed

Thumbnail by deschazkody
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

If I could have one in my garden just for the winter, I'd have one again. In summer, they are too much a magnet for japanese beetles, although I like them okay anyway in summer. But, winter interest is FANTASTIC!

Winchester, TN(Zone 7b)

i have heard that they attract the jap beetle but there just not that big of a problem around here theres a lady down the street that has a harry for bout 8 years said shes not seen the first one

Oh, deschazkody, I was in NO way denigrating your new plant. Please, I'm Sorry, I was just venting some of my frustration for mine when I had such high hopes when I bougtht it.

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll second that on the beetles. It must be like ice cream to them. They swarm mine. Doesn't hurt it though. Just makes it look bad. I guess I could always spray them, but it's too much trouble to me. I guess if I'm going to have to put up with these stupid moles, the least they could do is eat MORE jap beetle larvae! ;)

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh here's a winter photo of mine during the winter of 2003 with snow on it. Kinda neat.

Thumbnail by hczone6

Really a neat photo, hc, and when I like them best!

Winchester, TN(Zone 7b)

oa man you cant afend me we just dont have that big of a problem with the beetles not now anyway i just love the look i just get tird of the same ol stuff there wearing red buds out i got a weeping mulbery now there every were so i have to go stranger and stranger i need to go back to school learn to make my own strains

Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

hczone - great pic and perfect example of why they're a great little tree to have in the yard. Winter interest is what they bring with their silhouettes. Not much too look at when all leafed out though.

I wish mine had those dangling catkins in the spring but hasn't yet. Maybe they have to reach a sexual maturity ??

Zone 6, OH(Zone 6a)

Not sure...but maybe it does just need another year or two before they show up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.