5-10-5 fertilizer

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

when i get ready to plant my tomatoes into the ground and into containers about how much fertilizer should i mix into the dirt (for the garden) and container mix (for the containers). i usually just grabbed a handful of the fertilizer and mixed it into the soil. 90 percent of the stuff i use to fill the holes i dig in the garden for my plants are last years container mix.

also, i have bonemeal for my pepper plants and lime for my growboxes. can i mix some of each into the soil for my tomato plants.

thanks for anyones help. must admit in the past just threw things together and hoped for the best, but since i joined dg i am tryhing to get things right especially since this year i am going with heirlooms and want a good crop.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

I don't know either :)

Have read of the practice of putting a corn cob in the bottum, followed by 4-6 inches of manure. But from what I have read in the tomato foum, that probably isn't the best.

Look forward to hearing some good suggestions, as I will be putting out plants later this week...

Tamara

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Herbie43 --- Take your question over to the tomato forum and you will have better results..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.