My first peony of this year

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Its a festiva maxima and it doesn't look like it at all does it? I do happen to know that it is INDEED a white festiva, it has never been this color before though. Looks like a bowl of beauty almost.

Thumbnail by IsThisHeaven
Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

And I have a bud on the alex fleming too...

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Kathy,

That's a beautiful Festiva Maxima - looks like the ones I have seen in the pictures! I hope mine looks that good when it blooms. I think they're supposed to have red flecks in them.

Cowichan Valley, BC(Zone 8b)

beautiful kathy. Mine started blooming today too. I guess it was just that kind of day in Missouri!

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

Yes paani, we finally got some WARM weather and they got brave enough to come out. My festiva bush is loaded with big huge buds ready to pop. The alex bud is a loner. My sarah bernhardt has a few ready to pop. I picked that flower off the festiva after I took the picture and brought it inside. Man, does it smell delicious!

Cowichan Valley, BC(Zone 8b)

they're really coming out now - everytime I look at the bush there's one more in bloom. I posted some pics in the buds thread and the other one for peony pics.

how long do they last when you bring them in?
I've never cut any even though there's so many!

Corte Madera, CA

kathy, yey! wow, a beauty!!! i can't believe i just found her today. i've been trying to keep myself busy (planting roses) while waiting for my peony buds to grow.

congratulations =). looking forward to more photos.

annapet

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

It won't be long now!! We get some warm weather and the peonies will be popping all over the place. My first poppy bloomed today, so the rest of my peonies won't be far behind!!!! The fern leaf peony blooms are just a memory, as is my Bowl of Beauty, and the tree peonies blooms are gone, but the show will continue... Eventually, I'll get the film in my purse developed and maybe I'll have some good pictures of the tree peony blooms. Not nearly as good as all your digitals, but it will be ok.. ;)

Diann

Fenton, MO(Zone 5b)

I didn't get many blooms on my Sarah Bernhardt, but happy to get what I got! This is my favorite peony! Shes such a common one, but I love her phatty blooms, smell and delicate pink color! I picked them last night when I came home from work, we're suppose to get thunderstorms and they would get all beat up.

South Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Kathy,
I had this one bloom for me for the first time yesterday, and it looks exactly like yours. Pinkish lavender on the outside, white fluffy petals, and then the dark magenta flecks in the center with a touch of yellow. Is it Festiva Maxima? I just know that I bought it at Costco last spring, but I don't think I still have the box it came in. My photos didn't come out as well as yours, but here's a crude representation:

Thumbnail by galega
Corte Madera, CA

gee, i'm glad i'm re-reading this thread, kathy. i'm attaching a photo - - - i thought bowl of beauty. could it be festiva maxima also?

thanks.

Thumbnail by Moonglow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.