Clematis ramona

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

This baby needs a new trellis, i'm trellis pour around here, and hubby's a carpenter, ain't that the way it goes. LOL

she opens up really dark and the sun fades her flowers somewhat later on, she's beautiful none the less.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

How long will Ramona bloom? It is a very nice blue.

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

beautiful Blue one!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

seems she blooms all summer,

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

You got yourself a winner!

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Is this your first year growing Ramona?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh no, this is a 3 year old plant

I've got a double pink with blooms on it that's a newborn this year LOL i'll post pics of it when it blooms

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

That's gorgeous, kathy_ann! I'll have to check it out...it probably doesn't survive down here.
:) Donna

(Zone 4a)

Kathy,

I love the setting - it is unique!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

oh you mean, you like that square fence hubby made for it? he made me 2 of those the other has jasmine growing all over it. LOL

Thanks they work great, just need them a tad taller

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Do you make cuttings or dig suckers to get rooted starts of Ramona? I am not experienced with clematis. This is one I would love to have. I live in z8b.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm not sure on either, I've never seen rooted plants other than the mother , and have never divided it. sorry I can't help you there, I know of people trading clematis quite often, so they must put off suckers. i'm not sure if this one has any, she's inside that fence kind of it's hard to see in there LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.