Passionflower Help Please!

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I posted a similar question a few days ago. I planted my adularia and nephrodes outside and they browned overnight. I thought it was due to the 40 degrees temps we've been having at nights but I just remembered that I sprinkled some ant killer on the covering mulch. That was when things went bad, overnight!

I also used the same stuff on a mulched bed with bulbs but apparently they could stand up to it where as the passifloras couldn't.

I REALLLLLYYYYY do NOT want to lose these vines. What should I do? Dig them up, rinse off the roots? Pot up? Is there a chance of saving them? What would live versus dead roots look like? PLEASE advise me!

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I would dig em up and wash off the roots really well and then pot em up and baby them for a while.

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

That'll be the first thing I do tomorrow! It was my fault... I finally read the label (should have done it before!!!!) and it said not to use on non-listed plants.

Will borid acid harm the plants when I need to get rid of ants in the future?

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

They were okay, they were green at the crowns, below ground, and already putting out new growth. I still dug them up and followed directions.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.