Belle Of Woking

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Clematis, I just love this one, blooms are so heavy you have to stake them. this is on it's second year, was really tiny the first year.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow! It's gorgeous! Just wait until the 3rd year when it really takes off!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

yes, I can't wait, I have quite a few clematis and a couple of doubles, this one is top of the line for me, my bestest LOL

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

Beautiful, I love this one. I tried seed a couple of years ago but no go.

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

It's beautiful.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks, I never had luck germinating any clematis seed.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I love that one
its been on my wishlist forever.....

That's really beautiful Kathy_ann. Lovely shade of purple.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

That really is a beautiful plant. We can't really grow those down here very well so am jealous. But then we gardeners can't have everything we see...Wish, Wish. Barb

Brookeville, MD(Zone 7a)

I know what you mean, I've only had luck with one of the many clematis seed and they died soon after germination. I guess plants is just the way to go.

Those are VERY nice blooms for just it's second year. I thought they're semi loose that young/small and gradually get full.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

they were kind of loose flowers last year, but this year, they are packed and heavy, couldn't believe the diff in one year

kathy

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

kathy - is yours in full sun? I put mine on a northwest wall and I do get flowers but not your abundance. I feed it and give it plenty of water. I even bought another one so it wouldn't feel lonely.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Actually it is in l00% sun, it gets no special treatment, and no fertilizer , lots of water though since it's right next to the water faucet, it stay sreally wet in th at area, and it's loaded with buds and flowers. there s 2 diff kinds there too, I didn'trealize that till this year, thought I bought 2 belle of woking but I didn't.

it will be a nice mix when they get bigger.
i'm affriad that trellis thingy won't do it justice though we'lre going to hav eto do somethingdiff for sure

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

thanks for sharing the pic, I picked one up at end of season last year at Lowe's and have been waiting to see a bloom (not on mine but here) mine will take awhile it's a runt LOL

Piqua, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful flower on that clematis. I have one that I moved about three times. Thought I did it in, but this year looks pretty good and has some buds I will post a pic when it looks better. Again, lovely pic thanks for sharing :)

Thumbnail by buckimom
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

That is a beauty Kathy, I think it is a "must have". LOL Thanks for sharing the pic with us!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

your welcome.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

your welcome. I do wish they were fragrant though, can't have everything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.