diary entries

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

Apparently I have totally screwed up (and I thought I was savvy!) ... I seem to have created multiple diaries when I thought I was creating multiple tabs to which I could add information later ... now what do I do????

Crockny,
There probably is a better way to do this ... but it is the way I am doing it until someone points out a better way... (which may happen before this even gets posted)
In each tab you can select "edit" for each entry; when in edit mode there is a drop down box that is labeled " Post this entry to which tab?:" just select the tab you want each entry to be in. I think you can delete the tab when the tab is empty I deleted one that had entries and it just renamed it to "untitled" diary.

Clear as mud?... Angele

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

I don't see any tabs -- I only see a list under "diaries" -- I thought I was creating tabs but seem to have created diaries that I can't add information to!!! When I click on one of these diaries I have no options to edit or add ... I must be missing something ... will try again tomorrow ....

ok

same here...I am creating tabs but when I try to get into tab to add pictures, there is no option. So I thought I will delete tabs and start over. When I clicked on a tab to delete, it wasn't even the name of any tabs I had. When I first looked at the garden diaries it was really simple but now I'm confused...Arrgghh...Any help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Edited to show you what it says. I don't seem to have the option to add to my diary..

http://davesgarden.com/journal/ed/index.php?tabid=321

Does anyone see "add a new entry"...What part of this am I missing? Duh, sign me stupid...

This message was edited May 6, 2005 11:00 AM

This message was edited May 6, 2005 11:02 AM

hmmm your link takes me to my diary... there must be a security feature in work there. I could try to help by taking some screen shots of my diary as I am working in it... would you like me to?

Angele

yes, I appreciate your help. Thank you!

ok here is what I see when I go to "Manage your own garden diary"
please let me know if you can expand this image... then I will explain what I do from here :-)

Thumbnail by angele
Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

I have the same problem as Vic -- When I started I created a bunch of new tabs thinking I could go into them later and add things ... I cannot get into any of these tabs and cannot delete them ... I created two new tabs that I added entries to right away and those I can access ... but how do I delete the useless ones?

Seems like I'm not helping a bit... sorry about that.. will leave this for other folks to help
with best efforts & intentions... angele

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Look at angele's picture. There are two boxes to the right - the top one says "Tasks" and inside it is the option to delete the tab. Once you enter the tab you want to delete, you can click on this link to do that.

Kerhonkson, NY(Zone 5a)

I cannot enter the tab I want to delete -- that's the problem! The two new tabs I created with entries I can get into -- the long list I created without entries (thinking I could do so later) do not do anything when I click on them ...

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Hmmm. Okay, I just created two new tabs - test and test 2. Both of them are acting as though they're cloning my "daily notes" tab, but not entirely. Very odd.

Definitely a problem for Dave to sort out..

Where yours says, "add a new entry", that is missing from mine. It was there when I first added my tabs but now it is missing. Thanks for your help. Hopefully Dave will come along and give us heads up.

Edited to put in the correct quote...Sheesh, kind of hard to figure out the problem when you don't spell it out right... :-)

This message was edited May 6, 2005 8:00 PM

crockny, the diaries are working now. Check yours out. I hope it works for you.

hugs, vic- angele

Sorry for the delay on this - the diary took a back seat to some other items.

I've done some work today on the diary and I'm hoping all the issues that were brought up in this thread have been resolved. Would ya'll mind to please go have a look and see how you find it behaving for you now? Report any problems here!

thanks,
dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images