Quaker lady?

Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

it's a bit darker in real life. i like how the pic captures the little sparklies of the petal : )

Thumbnail by sevensisters
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

That's a very pretty pink, but it's not 'Quaker Lady'.

Laurie

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

No,
not Quaker Lady .

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i don't know but sure lovely.. i sent some iris to family in Minne. they do not care name or not..

Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

whoever she is...
: )
I love this one b/c it gets so tall--4 1/2' or so. And is really more lavender than it looks in the pic.
I saw a picture of quaker lady in a catalog and thought 'ah, I've finally identified it' but alas...

here's maybe a more accurate color:

Thumbnail by sevensisters
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

That second photo does look a lot more like Quaker Lady with the lavender overlay on the falls. My QL certainly doesn't get remotely close to that tall, and her flowers are comparatively quite small for a TB.

Laurie

Pleasanton, CA

Thank you "sevensisters" in your possible identification of my own "mystery" iris. Mine bloomed for the first time this spring after the bulbs were moved to avoid destruction in a remodeling construction project. They are over 3 feet high, with multiple blooms (3-4) on each stalk. The colors were briliant and dark, with the bright yellow--as in your second picture.Breathe-taking!

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

You can view pics of accurately identified 'Quaker Lady' at the following two URLs:

http://www.worldiris.com/public_html/Frame_pages/QFix.html
http://community.webshots.com/photo/119364940/119386035CwjwRD

The second URL is the photo site for Superstition Iris Gardens. Superstition has an extraordinary reputation for verifying the accurate IDs of their historic stock. They would be an excellent source for you to purchase QL for in-garden growth and bloom comparisons with your unknowns in your own gardens.

Laurie

Soquel, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks Laurie! That was very thoughtful of you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.