Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here are a couple of photos of my several years old Hoya vine. I have lost the name, but it is a common hoya. Has 6 or 7 bloom clusters just opening. Three clusters have finished blooming and i can count at least 5 more small bud clusters. Smells wonderful, sometimes a bit overwhelming when first opening. DonnaS

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

And here is a somewhat out of focus bloom cluster. Donnas

Thumbnail by rutholive
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Donna you should post these pictures in the Hoya forum: http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/hoya/

Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty, Donna. I think I need to get one of thoses. Like I need more plants. LOL

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Donna a knowledgable toad whispered in my ear that your hoya is prolly a pubicalyx cultivar.

Mesilla Park, NM

How wonderful.. bet you are excited. This will be the first time for me to see a flower in person on the Hoya I have, it just got two small cluster like buds and hopefully they won't fall off before they open up and bloom. This plant is about three years old now and it will be the first time it blooms. I can hardly wait.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Your hoya is beautiful and brought back a lot of old memories for me. Many, many years ago, I use to live in an apartment with a plant room out in front. I crocheted white fillet covers for the windows for a little privacy and had a hoya that weaved all in and out of the curtains. It got huge and was so pretty in bloom. Of course, when I moved I had to take it all down and haven't had another since. They are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos.

susan

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks all for your comments. I will write down that name lilypon, Thanks.

Gourd, do you know that if you cut one of the bloom stems off it will not bloom again in that place. It is amazing how that hoya can make so many bloom clusters from that small pot that it has been in for years. DonnaS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.