Can anyone help with QBasic?

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

My daughter has been trying to figure out a QBasic problem for 4 hours & we are finally throwing in the towel & asking anyone that is familiar with it to help. She takes an online beginners computer class at the local college & she figured out the first 3 problems, but this last one (Of course) is what has her stumped. I tried to help her but can't.
Here is the question:
Workers at a factory work between 20 and 40 hours per week. They are paid using a rate class. If the rate class is an “A”, the worker makes $10 per hour. If the rate class is a “B”, the worker makes $14 per hour. If the rate class is a “C”, the worker makes $18 per hour. Ask the user to enter the employee’s name, hours worked and pay class. Calculate the appropriate gross pay. Print to the screen, the workers name, hours worked, rate class and gross pay.

And here is where she got to. I am putting it in as an image because I cannot copy/paste. Can anyone tell her if what she has so far is correct? She cannot figure out how to tell it that A=10.00 etc. so any info on what the correct term is for what she is trying to do would be of great help.
Thanks in advance,
Donna

Thumbnail by PudgyMudpies
This thread has 41 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!