Carpet Creep

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We had this room carpeted with dark green carpet. It really shows the dirt and I don't want to vacuum every other day, so I got some area rugs to put over it. Not a good idea. The large rug tries to move and now has a wrinkle that runs the width of it. It's not as obvious in the photo as in real life, but the wrinkle runs between the chair legs and across to the other side. (The wrinkle was there long before the chair. The chair is not a part of the problem. That's a t.v. stand at the far end of the rug.) You'll also see the the rug is stretched out of rectangular. I can ignore that, but I don't like the wrinkle and I can't stretch or roll it out, at least not under my own power. There is a pad under the carpet that is supposed to prevent this sort of thing, but as you can see, it didn't. Is there anything that can be done to get rid of the wrinkle?

This message was edited May 4, 2005 2:51 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!