Used my garage port with poli and framed a door what now????

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Hi I used my garage port as a greenhouse covered it with 6 ml poli then used strapping to adhear it.then framed a door.Hopefully door will be on next.
I have a keroseen heater any problems with that as far as heat for night?????
Will use a fan above for cirulation and cooling greenhouse off.
I got a question?where do i get soil at wholesale prices?and pots?flats for planting and other gardening supplies-any one know or and ideas to help me with my new greenhouse would be appreciated thanks and god bless Robin~~~ihatebugs

Thumbnail by maineroses
Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

another picture

Thumbnail by maineroses
Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

side view

Thumbnail by maineroses
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You are one determined gardener! That is going to work great. Depending on your winds and how much of the year you plan to keep it up, one thing I would suggest is more support in the roof and walls. I would think you would want at least another upright and roof piece between each of the ones you have. If you are just using it to extend the season, you should be fine. I can tell you first hand, if the plastic is not tight enough, or there is too much space between supports, rain and snow can accumlate on top and make it sag. The same is true of the wall plastic. Large gusts will move the plastic around a lot. You are going to have so much fun! I can't wait to see it all full of greenery and blooms!

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

thanks for the comment love them!
my brother in law is helping when it is over i plan on getting it snug and put
strapping on the top i am pretty excited can you tell!!!!!!lol
I now need help with wholesale anyone know where i can get potting soil and stuff resonable?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I have been buying Promix in the 3.8 cu ft bales. Price locally is $40. You may be able to work out a deal with a nursery.

I got links from Horshoe, Mystic and also Countrygardens for plug trays, cell flats, etc. I'll look for them later. :)

Woodsville, NH(Zone 4a)

Robin do you have an Agway near you? I get the ProMix 3.8 cu ft bales for 20.00 there. Local feed and seed stores should carry it too.
Wow Badseed. That's expensive.

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

yes i do 20 mins away ty for advice

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We use Sunshine # 1 for most things. Sunshine # 6 is choice for germinating. Both come in 3.8 Cu Ft bales. Around $25.
When we first started, we went to local growers. One sold us bales for their cost. Another nursery, that buys & resales plants,(don't grow their own), gave me a big stack of 1020 trays & some used pots of all sizes. Don't worry about insect & disease carryover, just leave them outside over winter, nothing survives -20º or less. LOL!.
Lots of places carry the inserts for 1020 flats. A case of 100 should be not over $50.
Your set-up looks good, enjoy!
Bernie

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

thanks bernie for the information is very helpful going off today and getting my soil greenhouse is almost done:) smiles

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I got my potting soil today you wouldnt belive I went to true value in milo maine
asked them if they would wholesale to me Promix in the 3.8 cu ft bales
they said normally it is 18.50 i could have it for 17.50 i got 3 for 53.00 and some change plus a gardening magazine for 1.50 and found tons of free pots in it in sanfor maine 3 hrs from hous ei have to go get wow and came home usps came with all my trades and had to plastic bins full what a day oh yeah greenhosue is done had 2 shelves given to me plus a desk

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Good work !
Bernie

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I just saw them at Home Depot for $20. :( I think I have a sucker sticker on my back! Do you think it is the same quality? The packaging is different. What I paid is still less than I would have paid for MG soil but I was irked when I saw it.

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

my promix is in a black bag and reson he gave to my 1.00 off was cause i will be doing lots of buisness there.it is norally 18.50

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I called the nursery and asked her if she retailed that mix to me at retail and she studdered and said she didn't mark it up as high as she does other stuff. I told her it was at least double and her answer was that she had to go because she was busy and it's mother's day weekend. Nice woman. I guess they have seen my last dollar. I don't buy THAT many plants because I grow and trade so many. When I do buy, it is the more rare and exotic so she has gotten a few bucks from me already this year.

I called a Premier rep and he said she did jack it up more than most. Most retail it for around $29. I called a wholesaler and he sells it for $20.75. Now, how do I get a tax id number? LOL

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

you get a tx id number from your state.what ever state your in type in state id number should work or ask your town i hope this helps

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.