If They Were Only Edible: Happy_1 Looky

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I ran into one of these when I was digging for something else. I thought it was a nice size tater and plan on giving it to Happy_1 Thursday. The one I'm referring to is the one on the right.

So today, I wanted to put it together with another tater that had leaves on it, so I went to dig up a small plant that I saw out there. Using my hand trowel, I started to dig and met with resistance. Oops, theres the tater, I gave it a wider berth for digging, and still, tater. Get the shovel out!!!!!

The one sitting next to the pot is the big ole surprise. The pot is a 6" one. That would make quite a meal if it were edible. Makes me think of brown sugar and butter. mmmmmmm. It certainly does dwarf the original tater.

Molly
:^)))))) Nancy, these are for you.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

and what kind is it Molly???

wow that is big. i aint seen one that big. hmmm you must be feeding it good. hehe

Marie,

Those are Margarite. I don't feed them a thing. I think they like the soil here, that's fer sure. I am just as amazed as you are!

Molly

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

hmm i might have to get me one of those. i just bought a blackie that i just put in a pot.

they must like the dirt. simply amazing.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Molly! I really thought I had cleaned you out with the bag you sent me! LOL

Oh no Chele, I'll bet you I have another 150 feet of this stuff. That's on the open ground area in front of the fence and climbing up the fence and into the neigbors yard.

Then there are "little" lone surprises popping up in the area where I dislodged yours.

I sure wish the tri-color would pop up and surprise me. I have 2 blackies left and they seem to be a lot more shy than the margarites.

Molly
:^)))

P.S. It's a good thing I didn't send any tubers this size up to you. The postage would have floored me. LOL

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

well if any more need homes let me know.

i bet the postage would be high on that one. did you weigh it??

Well Geeze Marie,

Ya got me curious. I weighed it at 2 pounds 4 ounces.

I'm sure there are more out there, maybe not so big. I'd say I have about 150 feet of this stuff growing, not counting little surprises popping up where I thought I had removed it. Marie, what ya sharing these days? Anything I might like?

Molly
:^)))

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

OMG Molly! I have never seen the likes of what you sent me. LOL Some of those even had purple roots where they were about to grow spuds. I had plenty of them root and shared several at our little RU here. Oh, and the postage on those boxes should have already floored you, let alone mailing out those footballs! LOL

Would you like me to root you a piece of the Ace of Spades, Blackie and Tricolor? Here the black and green seem to keep pace while the tricolored one is always lagging behind. I need to get a nice box ready to send back to you. :) I had to order boxes. Now I need to order some time. I owe a few people boxes. Uh oh.

Chele,

I would love to have a bit of each of those three. That would be so cool!!

Thanks,
Molly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.