hanging basket w/holes on the side

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I saw these at the local nursery - now they are out - of course. Then I saw them planted at another place. They had wave Petunia's in them. There were 12 plants in the one basket - you couldn't even see the basket; can you imagine this monster in a couple of months? She said you have to fertilize every week because there are so many plants. BTW they wanted $40!!

So, has anyone done this "double layer" planting in a hanging basket? How many plants did you use? and what kind?

-Kim

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Sounds like something I'd like to have ? To bad you don't have a picture...

New York & Terrell, TX(Zone 8b)

You too can have a picture... right here: http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=6325&PrevMainPage=textsearchresults&scChannel=Text%20Search&SearchText=pouch&OfferCode=R1H

If anyone orders any please ask Me if I want to purchase any. I don't have a credit card; but I can send you the $$$ to order for me.... Please help.

~* Robin

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

They look more like this:
http://www.findgift.com/gift-ideas/pid-8852/
but I suppose the bags would work just as well.

I found a guy who would order me flower plugs since I didn't have the forsight to plant my own for this little project - there is always next year!

I am going to use the wave petunia in white lavender and dark purple, there is supposed to be a total of 12 plants for each container - maybe only 4 on top and 6 around the outside? The rim of the basket is 39" around.

-Kim

I think that weight of the 39" round soil-filled basket would be too heavy for me to hoist up.

Do you understand what they're saying at the bottom of the page; of the link that I posted for park's garden?

~* Robin

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, it will get really heavy and need lots of water and fert. as will the hanging pouch at Parks.

Do I understand which part? 4 for $10 or one for $6? That is crystal clear:) I think the pouch would work just as well as my little project, just slightly smaller. I may have some pouches around here from last year's strawberry disaster:)

-Kim

I just thought that I was misreading what they were saying, Ummm... looks like double talk?

~* Robin

Quoting:
I may have some pouches around here from last year's strawberry disaster

What are you willing to trade for them? I don't have too much.

~* Robin

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

Here is what I made and planted with wave petunia's. Hopefully they will cover the container in no time. They are already blooming since this pic was taken. I took a 'regular' planter and make holes in the side and added plastic chain and S hooks to hang. There are 12 plants in this basket. I used some Watersorb crystals in here to help with the watering.

-Kim

Thumbnail by bluekat76
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Kim,. that's going to be a beauty!!! Please post pix so we can see how it turns out
Pati

PS How did you make the holes?

This message was edited May 13, 2005 7:14 PM

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

We used a 2 inch diameter drill bit - looks like the one to make holes in doors for locks/handles. If I could have gotten plugs I would have made a smaller hole.

-Kim

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Kim. It's a little late here for planting annuals, but I WANT a pot like that!!
Pati

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.