a budding gardener

Saginaw, MI(Zone 5a)

I am very happy to find this site after searching "fruit"lessly for information on the web. I am a virgin gardener who, after neglecting my yard for 10 years (kids) am ready to plunge into landscaping it.

I love flowers, but have a yard full of shade.

We aslo have a small veggie garden that we tinker with. Our tomatoes seem to do well and cukes, but carrots wouldn't grow (clay soil) and green beans and green peppers are iffy (not enuf sun, I think. Neighbors trees!!) Just planted asparagus--hoping to learn about that before I kill it!

So I am excited to absorb all of your wisdom so my knowledge about gardening will bloom.
Thank you all.

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi suessking - a big welcome to another newbie like myself. I also love flowers and have a yard full of shade. I haven't found a spot yet that is sunny enough to try and grow vegetables, but I'm working on it :) This is a great place and I know you'll love it here.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

big welcome from Michigan
enjoy
dori

Pleasantville, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Seussking,
Welcome to DG. I'm a newbie like yourself, but have been here long enuff to start a Journal. Please do check it out. I'm also stuck with shade....from 3 hours sun in some spots to none in others. Hope you like this site as much as I do.
Ruth

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Hi seussking
Welcome to DG I am also new here. I have just the opposite of you, we move to a small farm with no landscacping and only one large tree.I hope you enjoy this site as well,there are very nice and giving people here.
Mike

Welcome seussking'' Joined today and looking forward to your posts''Sis''

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Welcome seussking!

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

welcome seussking, ive been here a couple of weeks and hope you are enjoying it as much as i am!

lil

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.