Bamboo wanted

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Anyone who has any they can part with in a trade, please contact me via email or post .
Thanks so much,
Sandy
I will be posting this under trees and shrubs as well.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Sandy,
I usually don't offer a trade until the plants are in my hand but..I wanted to give you a head's up. Next weekend, around July 7th I'm supposed to dig up major bamboo from my Aunt's property. I don't know what varieties they are, only that she has running (15 feet high) and clumping (4 feet high) bamboo. I'd be happy to trade you, however, I don't want to commit until I have the bamboo right here on my property (I'm putting in a bunch of it here for my garden). I'll check out your trade list in the meantime and I'll let you know when I have the goods..lol.
Trish

Bellefontaine, OH(Zone 5a)

WOW!!! bamboo,,,my heart goes pitter patter.....
I will pay shipping,
trades...plants and or seeds
you name it .....if you have any extra to part with....let me know!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
I think I can dig out some extra for you, however, I'd like to wait until I have it out of the ground to commit to trading. I will let you know around the 7th/that weekend. So I have an idea..are you interested in the clumping shorter one or the running taller one? Sandy..any preferences? I'm going to try to get about 5 trade packages together.
Trish

Bellefontaine, OH(Zone 5a)

Trish,,
I would prefer the taller ones.......I can deal with their running......hehehe....but will take what ever you have....moma always said.......beggers can't be choosy......

I am new at the trading thing...and not for sure how to gather some seeds from my plants....but would be willing to try anything if I have something you might be interested in. But I should warn you......some things I don't even know the names of......ehhehehehe

thanks bunches!!!!!!
Lisa

Lynn Haven, FL(Zone 8a)

Trish,
I am also new to this site and to gardening, but I desperately want some clumping bamboo. I will have some seeds and bulbs for trade or whatever conditions (well, within reason) you name.
Thanks
Connie

Hi Connie,
I have you also written down for the bamboo. I'll also let you know when I actually have them dug out and ready for trade, then we can exchange a list.
Trish

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Sandy, I have some dwarf bamboo that needs thinning... variegated yellow/green, and about 18-24 inches tall. I did so earlier this year and traded it, but didn't thin enough... it overshadows my garden dragon in that bed!

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, I am also interested in clumping bamboo, if hardy to zone 4/5. Have some interesting things to trade, if you are not already out of stock Marcia

Thousand Oaks, CA

I have some clumping bamboo (B vulgaris) that I have to dig up... it's got some pretty big culms. Digging it up will shock it, but if someone's willing to pay for shipping, I can mail it on to them. Each piece will probably weigh 10-15 lbs, though.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

trish, I am emailing you directly
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.