heres my list

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

not all of these made it, but this is the entire list of possibilities....lol

thanks so much for the help, i been racking my brain looking at pics, they are all starting to confuse me more than i was before...lol

ARCTIC FANCY
BEAU ARTS
EDITH WALFORD
JESSIES SONG
LIASON
LOOP DE LOOP
MELISSA SUE
MOUNTAIN MELODY
PERSIAN BERRY
PIPING HOT
ENSEMBLE
HURRICANE LAMP
NIGHT OWL
QUIET FRIENDSHIP
STORM CENTER
SULTANS PALACE
SUPERSTITION
INTERMEDIATE RASPBERRY BLUSH
DWARF STITCH WITCH
DWARF RITZ
DWARF YO YO

all help is so greatly appreciated!!!

cindy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm so glad that you put your list out there. It's fun to see what people are thinking. I don't have any of those except Edith Wolford and Persian Berry. It will be fun to see your photos next year.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i lost more than couple....and i had only a few bloom last year, and a few more this year....i sure wish i had done them different when i planted them, but i think the winter was too wet and that was y i lost them...but i still got my list.....lol

cindy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

A list is a pretty good substitute don't you think? :-)

I don't know how the weather goes in MO. I can imaging that wet isn't the greatest for beardeds. But if you love them, the ones that survive are the ones that belong in MO. If you had rot though, you would have known it. It stinks to high heaven!

They may come up the second year. You never know.

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Gee, I'm growing 15 matches to your list. Stitch Witch & Raspberry Blush are blooming now. I hope to see Immortality soon If tonight's frost doesn't wipe them out. All the others are 2-3 weeks from blooming.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i have a few more that have buds on them that i am waiting to bloom........i wont know how many i lost until these bloom and i can id them from the list above....i sure hope i have more that made it than didnt.......i know all about the frost here too........it bites......i got some stuff covered up like my 2 new rose bushes i bought myself for mothers day..but everything else is on its own...lol

cindy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Cindy,

You may have more luck than you think. Unless the rhizomes are gone, you have time before most of the Tall Beardeds will even throw up stalks. My zone is at least a month ahead of your and some of the mid-season ones are just opening now. The late ones are just leaves - no stalks. But that's good. It makes a lovely season longer.

We had 2 nights of hard frost & I covered a few of the early budding tall bearded iris. I've been waiting for blooms for 3 springs on some of these since last year's April 30 frost hit them hard. It's supposed to warm up now...

And Iowa Round Up Friday & Saturday! YES!!!!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Ouch Wanda. I'll be thinking warm thoughts about your Iris. But have fun at the Round Up. I'm sure that you will.

Hard not to have fun when you are surrounded by 50+ enthusiastic DG Gardeners! Now I'm tired, hoarse from laughing & have a pile of new plants to add to my garden. Can you beat that?

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Nope, can't beat it. Except I don't have to plant the pile of plants LOL.

I can't imagine how much fun you must have had. And I can't wait to see your Iris come up. Especially those great combinations.

After they bloom, I'm going to thin them down to make room for ones I have on order & July trades. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it or I will be up to my nose in iris blooms!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Isn' this a great stretch to the season. When my Iris are just a memory I'll have yours to enjoy. And I'm already marking the Iris to be replaced next year. Too many really lovely Iris to enjoy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.