I found my favorite coleus from last year

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Anyone know its name? I lucked out and found 5 - 1 gallon pots of it at Lowes last night. I was so thrilled. I then drove another 15 miles to another Lowes hoping for rmore, but no luck!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I just took a better picture. I really, really love this one.

Thumbnail by Kell
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Kell,,,,,,,,,you are possessed. But I will have to admit they are purdy. 15MILES??? I'd have to think about that one.

Hap

Wow that is a pretty one Kell.
Hmmm~ I wonder why you Really, Really like this one?
Could it be because it's
P I N K
LOL

Hope you don't mind Kell. Sorry this is not Coleus but had to show you.
I found a Fuchsia today and since you like pink you might like this one.

Thumbnail by

It's name is Tom West.
Here is a blossom

Thumbnail by
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

That's beautiful and varigated to boot. I grew them when I lived up north but not here until this year. I found a tiny, almost miniture one at Target for a buck something and could not resist.. I have on the north side of the house under some ferns. It's been in about a month and now just coming into it's own bloom, not the nursery's. It looks are though it's going to be a bush, not pendulus. Right now it's only about 8" high. Time will tell.

I love pink too. Making this year's beds mostly pink, purple, fushia, etc. You get the drift. It's a nice cool color for hot Florida.

Hap

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

That's a beautiful coleus, I hate to admit it, but that's all I've been looking for in the garden centers. Had no luck at all today, but the search is on for tomorrow again. This time I will be heading for Ohio. I hope someone knows her name.

Cathy

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

That is beautiful Kell!!! It looks like it is glowing!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Kin, your fuchsia is just so pretty. Pink too! LOL. I wish I had better luck with them. For some reason I kill them.

Cathy, I am doing that also. I have become a mad woman grabbing all the coleus I see. LOL. I now think I have too many for my bed.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Kell, I got one of those at HD, it's a "Sun" "Coleus", LOL This really agrivates me that their is no label. It appears to be a Florida type with the ruffles. Check Coleusfinder, and let us know what tou think.
sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.