KONG COLEUS SOUP :(

Bowling Green, KY

i received my king coleus today. completely crushed and obliterated in the box. these people shipped them in like 5 inch pots filled with heavy dirt, and the pots just collapsed on the plants and broke most down to the base. will any of these regenerate if they are broken down all the way to the base? ive already called them to complain and told them if they had just put a stick in the pot they would have all been fine. im terribly upset because the plants looked as if they were beautiful before they were crushed.

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Hi Netcub....I am so sorry to hear this. Is it possible for you to root any that broke off? I don't know if they will grow broken off at the base. I'll keep my fingers X'ed for you.

Curious.....who was the company that shipped them? Mine have always come in sleeves which helps them stay intact.

Bowling Green, KY

i called the vendor and they apologized and said they would ship some right back out for me. i dont want to name them because she told me this was the first time she had ever shipped coleus...but i promptly told her what a horrible job she did...i want to give them a chance, without giving them a bad anme to see if they can correct the problem.

Thumbnail by Netcub
Bowling Green, KY

another image.

Thumbnail by Netcub
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

They look like they should grow for you. I'm happy you called them, if they are going to ship plants they better know how to do it. Second chances are always good. Let us know how your second shipment comes it.

Cathy

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

They will do great. Coleus are easy to keep happy. And they are fast growers. They will make up for the daamge fast. I find if I foliar feed them with Miracle Grow they really take off.

I do not blame you though for being disappointed, what a shame. Even a little of the stem will root. So maybe you can make more plants.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.