Datura "Blush"

Wichita, KS

I received some seeds of this in trade and have some started that are doing quite fine.

Anyone ever grow these out? What color are they? I can't find them in google searches.

Also, a posted pic would be nice... ;-)
~Nut4Spuds

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

never heard of it either. write the person u traded with and find out the real name. it not ask the person to show u a photo. i am curious to know what it is myself. i have grown so many datura thru the yrs., never heard one with this name. keep us informed. if u have a photo, maybe i can help u identify this mysterious datura.

Wichita, KS

I looked back on the email where we arranged our trade. From there it is listed as
Datura 'Blush' (Blush Pink).
I have sent her an email and am anxiously awaiting response...LOL

I will try to look for it under Blush Pink and see if I can find anything.
~Nut4Spuds

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

i was given seeds to this http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=41707 the seed packet was labeled Datura pink. as u can see from the photo, it is nowhere close to pink color. here is the thread where the photo came from http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/339425/

there are one too many varieties of datura in existence... i just do not understand why people do recklessly give them name... which made things more confusing. if not sure of the name, it would be easier to have it identified than create a name that will make the issue more confusing. i guess that is the main reason why plants are given Latin names in the 1st place. Latin names are more reliable than common names.

Wichita, KS

Thank you, MaVie

I will post pics of it when it blooms - then maybe we can tell more about bloom color and leaves.
~Nut4Spuds

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Perhaps:

There is a Brug named "Blush" and originally both Brugs & Daturas were named Datura.

If the seeds look kinda like tomato seeds, most likely Datura, if they are odd shaped and look like bark, it is a Brug.

Judy

This message was edited Apr 30, 2005 2:49 AM

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Pink Blush that I have seen is a very light lialac, depending on how the light hit it is hard to tell if it is Pink or Lialac

Wichita, KS

Doesn't look like Brugs seed.

Seeds are tan like a large tomato seed.
Sorry for the mess-up. Memory didn't prove right this time, had to go dig out the bag...LOL

This message was edited May 2, 2005 11:26 AM

High Desert, CA(Zone 8a)

not all Datura seeds are black in color.

Datura Innoxia and Metels are brownish to tan in color.

Datura discolor and D. stramoniums [all varieties of D. stramoniums] are black in color. other datura species i have not grown, i do not know the seed colors. maybe someone will clarify further.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

well I have some seeds marked tripple yellow, double yellow, and they are a light tan, I also have Lilac LeFluer, and triple purple that are almost black

Greenwell Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

i would like to interject that in the growing community the term 'blush' means any dark color that blends lightly into a lighter one. you can have a purple blush effect, a blue blush effect..etc. it doesn't ness. mean the flower will be pink.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.