Cold and Snow

Mt. Pleasant, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm stumped..... do I dare clean my beds, dig up & split plants, sow seeds, uncover roses or just go back to bed?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ive been doing that for weeks! go for it!

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Same here Jack, Roses are all uncovered and pruned, lots of new growth.

paul

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

I agree with Paul and Dori.......Go for it......I am northwest of you and I started cleaning out all of my flower beds and cutting back dead growth. A lot of my roses are starting to green out......and I would say 90% of my perennials are popping up all over. My only concern is some of my climber roses are still looking as they did for the winter.

Paul and Cottage Rose, are any of your climber roses leafing out yet??

Deann

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

I have 2 roses left,, and I thought the winter got my yellow one, but it is showing signs of life now,, I do have to say its a typical winter,, things that should have made it didn't and things that should not have made did !! do Lord only knows....

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Well you know guys...we can't trust that we won't get any hard frosts until mid-late May, but even when some plants get frost bite they always bounce back.
Except I'm having the darnest time getting my 2 Hydrangeas to bloom since they bloom on old wood and mine always get too much dieback even though Annabelle is suppose to be hardy in Z5
Deann I have some climbers and regular roses leafed out but a long way to go before anything will be blooming.

Mount Pleasant, MI(Zone 5b)

Deann,

my climbers are looking a little sleepy too.. I have just noticed a little greening at the bases.. Maybe they are a little slow this year?

Nick

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.