black columbines

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

I keep thinking one of these days I am going to do a gothic garden. There is something fasinating about black flowers.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Ooohhhh....I'm with you! Black taro, one of the dark-dark Hurchera's, black hollyhock.....there's so much to choose from!

K :~D

Victorville, CA

Springhill Nursery has Rudbeckia, Green Wizard. They are all black with little yellow dots. They also have black magic caladiums that are really interesting. Somebody had all black pansies but I can't remember what catalog I saw them in.
-Juli

I have the Rudbeckia Green Wizard and I can vouch for them! They are awesome and so unusual! Love the 'black' plants!

Circle Pines, MN(Zone 4b)

I had a black and white garden last year - black and white irises, the green wizard rudbeckia, white dwarf zinnias, black and white scabiosa, and black gem cornflower. Had a bad summer last year due to illness in the family and it ended up neglected, but I plan on trying again this year with pennie black nemophilia.

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

That would be so cool. You must take pics.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

they are lovely..

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

I like black flowers, too! I'm looking forward to seeing your gothic garden. Sounds very cool!!
My black Helleborus.

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Black viola:)

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh those hellobores are awesome.

Victorville, CA

Those black violas are striking! That must have been what I saw in the catalog. I was thinking they were pansies.
-Juli

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

There is black pansy which name is "Black prince"
http://images.google.co.jp/images?q=pansy+black+prince&hl=ja&lr=&ie=UTF-8&inlang=ja&sa=N&tab=wi

It has a tremendous impact!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.