Free Offer from Hobby Greenhouse Association

Knoxville, TN

In an effort to recruit new members, Hobby Greenhouse Association is offering a free magazine to anyone who might have an interest in joining. As a member, one receives 4 quarterly magazines and 4 quarterly newsletters. Most of the articles are written by members wanting to share growing experiences.
If anyone is interested, you can E-mail me with your name and address through Daves Garden and I will turn a list into HGA.
Mel

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi Mel! I would be interested! I will E you.

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Hi there Mel, I'm interested as well. Will email you, thanks, Suzi :)

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

Oh mememememe tooo...

Drew

Knoxville, TN

I have turned in all the names received to date. (5/3/05)
If others are interested, I will continue to collect names.
Mel

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

You turned us in? That does not exactly sound good. LOL

Knoxville, TN

Yep, Badseed. You are turned in! You can no longer hide! I can tell I am going to have to keep my eye on you!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I swear officer, everything in there is legal! LOL

Yes, don't turn your back on me for a second! :)

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

You have mail and thank you very much for doing this!

Barb

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Me to, me to, please. Email on the way.
:) Donna

Knoxville, TN

I just got a e-mail from the editor of Hobby Greenhouse Association. She has sent out magazines and brocures to all of you guys but the last 7 who requested this offer. I have given her all names received to date so you last 7 folks will get your magazines a little later.

I hope you guys will consider joining and if you are not interested, please pass along information to others who might join.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thanks, Meltn.
:) Donna

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks so much!

Moon Twp, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you! ~ Suzi :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Got mine today! Thanks a bunch Mel! I only got a chance to scan through it but I will look at it more when the kids calm down. LOL

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Is it too late?

Knoxville, TN

Never to late, Jazz! Just e-mail me your address and I will put you on the list!

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

Oh! I want in on this one! My address is on the way. Thanks for doing this.

Skyeblu

Worden, IL(Zone 6a)

Got mine yesterday... looks great!!!! thanks Mel.

Cindy

Knoxville, TN

Thanks so much for letting me know, Cindy! As you guys get your magazines, keep in mind that HGA is open for suggestions and would love to hear your ideas! As well, if you write an article about your expereinces, you can get a free subscription for a year!! It is a great organization, which is all about the members! AND, great benefits like discounts at greenhouse suppliers, seed exchange and the opprotunity to network with other Hobby Growers!

Lomita, CA(Zone 10a)

Got mine today! I am very pleased and will probably join. Really liked the info on aspirin as I'd never heard that before! Wouldn't mind a discount at Charlie's, either! Thanks again!

Barb

Knoxville, TN

Great Barb! I have been using asprin after reading that article as well. Hey, the 10% off at Charlies can pay for the membership dues and is a neat perk! Stokes Tropicals also give 10% to members and there are other companies as well. They also offer books at discount prices!

I have submitted all names for those of you who have made recent requests.

Thanks again for all the interest!

Mel

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi, I'd love to be in on this one. I will email you if not too late, Doris

Grants Pass, OR

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm e Tooooooooooooooo
soon to be a hot house

Thumbnail by RANCHHAND
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I would like to get this too - I'll email you with my info. thanks!

Knoxville, TN

I have turned in all requests for sample magazines from 5/21/05 until today. If others are interested, the offer still stands.
Mel

N. Mississippi, MS(Zone 8a)

Hey Mel - nothing in the mail yet. Do you know when we will start getting this? Sorry to be a pest but I am curious about this and have been watching for it. lol

Juneau, AK(Zone 5a)

RanchHand,

If you are going to recover your new GH, add a few extra purlins while the old cover is off. It will give you some neat places to add hanging pots and also to string up tomatoes.

I added one extra on each side of the main rafter down the middle. It is not enough. Next season I will put up two more for a total of 5 purlins running lengthwise down the GH. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/502973/

Rick

Knoxville, TN

Slgrowers, the Editor wrote that the last list of names I turned in will receive sample magazines within the next couple weeks. Hopefully, she will write me and I can post when the magazines are mailed.

poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

hi mel, guess I just got around to reading this post -- I subscribed this a.m. to the Hobby greenhouse -- would have loved to have known of your offer -- I found the mag while at charleys and bought it--just got a gh--and now am serious about needing to be educated! the issue I have is summer 2005 and want the subsequent ones--presume fall has been out, and maybe even winter! is it by Qtrs jan-mar = 1st qtr, etc.??? so sum is 3rd Q? and I want 4th Q. I loved the cover article on catci--thanks --terry

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

Is it too late to get in on this..My greenhouse is getting closer to completion and I sure could get some education..
Vickie

Knoxville, TN

Terry, I am so glad you joined! I know you will enjoy it. You can order previous publications at a very reasonable price. If I remeber correctly, the fall magazine came in Sept or Oct. You will also get newsletters between the quarterly magazine.

Vickie, I am so glad to see a Tenn. neighbor interested in HGA! The offer for the free magazine has expired, but, I have sent you a D-Mail.

I am wondering how many people joined after receiving a free magazine? Once you are a member of HGA, you can write an article about your own greenhouse (or windowsill garden) and if it is published, you can get a free subscription for up to a year!

Hobby Greenhouse Association has a website if others have interest in joining. I have not mastered posting links, but, know it can be found easily through a Google search.

Knoxville, TN

Thanks to the help of a Daves member, I have been given instructions on posting a URL. With any luck, this will take you to Hobby Greenhouse Association!
http://www.hobbygreenhouse.org/

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

meltn, I never received the free magazine. I guess it must have been for US members only.
:( Donna

Mint Hill, NC(Zone 7a)

You have Dmail

Thank you for the offer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.