Me TOO!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Okay - gotta get in on this. I re-worked my iris beds this year so I'm not having as many blooms this year, but what I do have is purty!

Here's a border one - Oregold....

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Here's the other border that's blooming....Jeweler's Art

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

and here's a intermediate bearded - Ingenious...

Thumbnail by BetsyBug
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

BetsyBug,

Just so you know, both of your irises are standard dwarfs, not borders. I'm envious of your Jeweler's Art. It's one of those rare SDBs that hates it in my garden. I lost it twice before I ever even got to see it bloom. :-(

Laurie

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Laurie,

You're right...I forgot......I've had a glass of wine and can't remember straight....

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I LOVE the colors, spot pattern, and ruffles on 'Ingenious', but I don't care much for the wide open standards. BTW, 'Ingenious' actually IS a border. LOL!

Laurie

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

I'm not crazy about the "wide open" either - but the color! Oh man it's beautiful. Okay - now I remember about which are which......I'm new at learning the types. Use to have only just plain TB's, but had to try these others. The drawfs are so tiny and cute. Next year they're going to be down by the mail box in their own space with maybe some borders in the back - just to show them off. I have 3 more that haven't gotten any buds yet, but I'm still hopeful! This is their first year - so I won't be too disappointed if they don't flower.

I've got a pink one coming up - can't remember the name, but I'll post pic when it opens.

M.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.