Who has containers?

Battle Creek, MI(Zone 5b)

I keep a mint collection in them. Last year I found some to-die-for-cool giant pots that look like stone for a price I couldn't resist. One of my garden goals this year is to reduce clutter and refine my garden. So after rearranging and sorting a gazillion pots I have three big pots with nothing in them under a shady tree. Last year they were veggie pots in the sun. I was thinking I would put the struggling Ligularia in one so I can monitor it's moisture better. Any ideas what to put with it in the shade? What do you have in containers?
Kip

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm a pot suffer! Herbs, roses, annuals, sempervivums, whatever.
My pot collection gets bigger every year even though I swear every year it won't.
Its hopeless

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose

Heres my kitchen window box

As for shade how about hostas and any shade loving perennial or annual that appeals to you?

Roses and annuals

Bancroft, MI

Try some coleus. I grow some on my deck which gets mostly morning sun. They do good in shade....also begonias are nice.

Battle Creek, MI(Zone 5b)

Coleus. Great idea gomyway. That would play off the reds in the ligularia I think. I love color.
Cottage_Rose that window box is AWESOME! I was thinking windowboxes on my new shead. As soon as I get it painted and finished. I guess that seals it:)
Kip

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.