Tiny Tunias

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Aren't they cute? The flowers are only 1-1 1/2 inches across. Everythime I say "No more petunias" I find one I just have to have.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Here is a pink one. I am hoping that these are better behaved than the waves I planted last year.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Willoughby, OH(Zone 5a)

I LOVE the tiny tunias! I gave up on the large flwered ones-they shatter too easily and look ratty by July. So I started several milllifloras-'pink morn" and Raspberry frost. I know evryone "raves" over the "waves" but I don't like 'em.Just never performed .What is the name of that gorgeous purple one in your photo?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I do not know. I purchased a "fantasy" mix to see how they would perform in the garden. Waves were thugs for me. Took over huge areas.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I love the tiny tunias too! Thanks for these photos. I agree with you about the larger ones, golgi. There's a house in the neighbourhood that has beautiful window boxes filled with them every summer, but by August they look pale & stringy - what's the point?

I've never grown the small ones yet - how do they hold up through the summer?

Shannon

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

It is my first time with them so I will keep you posted. They are planted in full sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.