Third of my Ace Bargains with no label.

(Zone 8b)

This is the third of my 75 cent bargain buys to open. I think I won't bother with the expensive catalogues in future, but I will hang on to the labels rather better!
Any clues as to a name anyone?
Carol

Thumbnail by okus
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

is the color of pic real true?
Is its purple not blue ? it looks like IN Town but wrong color still think its
B, Blyth iris but witch one?

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

lets get these unknown all in one place o they dont get lost , we all bloom at different times amonth from now this thread will be gone add it here and no you whos it http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/503383/

(Zone 8b)

Yes that colour is pretty accurate its a deep maroon/purple in the falls and has a slight flush of pink on the standards which also have a rust edge to them. The 'tongue' is bright deep orange.

(Zone 8b)

Hi Doss,
It certainly looks pretty near, tazzy suggested Liaison which is also pretty close, but may be bluer than mine. Here is another picture taken today in better weather!

Thumbnail by okus
Corte Madera, CA

how gorgeous!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Looking at it, I think that of the two 'Liason' is closer. Here the link to Crimson Snow.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/35364/

It is mispelled in the plant files. 'Liason' only has one i - but you can't find it unless you have two. I reported it.

(Zone 8b)

The spelling depends on where you are from Doss - in England its spelt with 2 Is I used to work in Police Liaison at one time and got into real trouble from the chief constablefor "spelling the Yankee way" ! If it had neeb spelt with only one i in the PF I would never have found it!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Funny you should mention that Okus. I'm working on a manuscript right now from England and I'm having to teach the spell-checker to be a little more worldly. It will be interesting to find out how this cultivar is spelled. Mystic will get back to me and I'll let you know.

The plant files actually gave me the alternative spelling, but Margiempv spelled it with one I so I thought that it should get fixed. Funny sideline: Noah Webster actually started his dictionary because he wanted to make American different from English. Asserting our independence you know. Now we deal with the consequences. At least my spell checker is having to deal with them.

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I vote for Liasion too. Here is a photo of ours from last season:

Thumbnail by Sue_WA
Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

They both sure are close, but my "teacher" always said to look at the beards and hafts. Okus' photo in both posted show the beard is a vibrant orange and stays that vibrant rich color throughout the beard. In both Liaison and Crimson Snow it appears taht Liaison's has the same color as Okus' but it fades out at the very tip to a whitish color. On Crimson Snow it also fades out plus it looks to have a much more subdued orange to it.

That' what I see anyways and I'm sure the photography (lighting, time of day, etc) play a big part on how they appear in a photograph.

Just my 2¢.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.