g. salvia

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I got this rooted plant at the GA RU. It is labeled g. salvia but I don't know what the g. stands for. Is it an annual or perennial? How is it grown?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Probably greggii. It is perennial here but someone who knows for sure should be along.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

if has big leaves it may be guarintia(spelling??) Greggii has small leaves

I think it is guarintia. It seems like that what the person giving it to me said. Darn, I wish I could remember everyone's name.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi,

The Floridata site has a good picture of Salvia Guaranitica. I have a dark blue one and it is lovely. Barb

thanks, but what is the Floridata site?

Hi,

It is a site that has a lot of info on tropical plants (think they sell some also). Since it is data mostly for Florida gardeners guess they just named it Floridata. The link is www.floridata.com. I use it a lot for info even though I live in Texas as the climates are somewhat similiar. I tried to post a link to the actual plant but it did not work. Maybe if I can get the link just to the site to work, you could look down the list in the Table of Contents to Salvia Guaranitica and see if that is your plant. I will try to link directly to that page. http://www.floridata.com./main_fr.cfm?state=ref_contents&viewsrc=lists/contents.cfm. Yay, the second link takes you to the page where you can look down the list for your salvia. Barb

Well, what I found is that it is too tender for my zone 6b and probably not hardy enough for zone 7 either. But I will enjoy it this year..
Thanks for the help.....

You can easily dig and pot some up for the winter. They like to run and the underground roots will send up plantlets. Also, they have what looks like little tubers which are a good thing and not a disease. Barb

thanks, barb.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.