The first pionie of this year.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

I have three tree peonies and this one is first to bloom. It's name is TAIYO (The sun in English). It's a Japanese old garden variety . 4 flowers are blooming this year:)

This message was edited Apr 26, 2005 5:27 AM

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Another shot.

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Coeur D Alene, ID(Zone 5a)

Beautiful. How long have you had this peony tree? I'm thinking of getting one and want to get an idea of what to expect...
Mara

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hello Mara,
I bought this tree peonie about 5years ago but I don't know how old the seedling at that time. It had 2 buds when I bought. I wish you can get nice peonie tree.

Coeur D Alene, ID(Zone 5a)

Thanks. I'll post pics if I do!
-Mara

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Japanese tree peonies are so nice because the flower sits above the foliage unlike the Chinese tree peony who's flower nestles in the foliage and sometimes gets obscured by the foliage. I'm really going to have to get some named Japanese tree peonies. :)

Goldenfish, thank you for posting your picture. Very nice bloom. :)

Diann
IA Z5a

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hell Diann,

I didn't know there is difference like that between Chinese peonies and Japanese peonies. Thank you for your information.
I found this site. Please enjoy:)
http://www.goldenport.com/peony/index.htm

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

That's really lovely. I love the color and the form.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Goldenfish~
I have two buds on my tree peony this year, it will be its first year in my garden, probably was a 2-3 yr old when I bought it. It is a yellow, the tag just says Tree peony 'Lutea'...so not much info there, But I have never been so excited to see buds on a plant. I will post pics when it blooms.

Yours is sooo very beautiful! I want several more Tree Peonies, and the color of yours is breath-taking.

Jamie

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi jamie!

You must be exchited to see the flowers. Please post it if you take a picture:) My garden is small so I think three peonies are enough for me though, if my garden is biggar I'd like to have more peonies.
Tree peony blooms for a very short time but as I look it, I can feel very easy so I love peony very much:)

goldenfish

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.