2005 Paducah Quilt Show

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yep Gang, It's that time again. We've been to the American Quilter's Society quilt show and convention...we're tired and ALOT poorer, but had a wonderful time.

Actually, it was a 'mini roundup' There were 3 DG'rs that got together and had a ball. Myself, YoYo1 and Kathleen! Lots of people and lots of beautiful quilts...and lots of great vendors. I bought metallic fabric dyes and metallic 'crayons' for working on fabric...among other stuff.

I'm going to load a few images at a time in so everyone will get a chance to see and comment...there's between 30 and 40 images total, so check back over the next couple of days for a real treat!

And now, here's the Quilt Show!

This is the Grand Prize winner called 'Birds and Roses' the quilter is a doctor from Broompark,Durham, UK. She quilts to relax. She won 20,000.00 for the quilt, but it's a 'purchase prize' where if you accept the money, the Museum gets your quilt...she declined the money (...gulp...) and offered to loan the quilt to the Museum.

Thumbnail by melody
This thread has 76 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!