cobra's eye

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

This is supposed to be a re-bloomer-maybe it will be.
Cobra's Eye

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

COBRAS EYE by D. Spoon 2000
Spicey frangrace too
I love the blue beard on that one 'Charlotteda '

This message was edited Apr 23, 2005 9:11 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2005 9:11 PM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I do love it when a new rebloomer comes out.

Cobra's Eye (how many ways can we spell this one? - I checked it at the Eureka speller) is supposed to rebloom down to zone 6. You should be fine.

http://www.rebloomingiris.com/list_of_iris_-_2.htm

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Yes, I got mine as Cobra's Eye from Mid America gardens. Only one but it will multiply in time :)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

One is all you need. There is always next year. That is unless you're a person who thinks artistic landscaping is more important than collecting. :-) Personally, I like to try an Iris and see how I like it. I wish that we would put flower size in the descriptions like the Daylily people. I find that it's the biggest surprise. That and weak stems. But if you're like tazz and grow a lot of SDB you don't have to worry about weak stems.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

No mine are mostly all TB. The big wind yesterday did blow over my Autumn Tryst- made me mad until I noticed the tree on a house not too far away :)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Perspective is always good. What a wind! Or what a tree. I'm going to try Pacific Coast Iris next year. I don't have to worry about those stalks either.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

It was quiet a wind and quiet a tree. I rarely have problems with my TB's blowing over. I havent been growing enough of them for long enough to be well versed on stalk quality. Is there any place that tells this kind of info?

i forgot to add my s
Silly sorry me ? LOL
I did have s but in wrong place

This message was edited Apr 23, 2005 9:13 PM

The wind took some of mine right out of ground , Its dry here and i have
^%* sand

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

You sure did Tazzy. We know that you're right in the head even if it comes out wrong on the page. :-)

Schreiner's and Mid-America are the only two growers that I know who do this and it's hit or miss even there. Growing conditions can make a difference in stalk strength but wouldn't it be nice? Bud count would be appreciated too. Schreiner's does this sometimes. Awards can be a help, and hybridizers, but they still don't always answer these questions. I am just now beginning to collect Iris by hybridizer so I'm hoping that I'll learn from there. The Daylily people have it all over us on this kind of thing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.