arent I pretty....do you know me....

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

tall bearded ? the top is actually light purple though the sun makes it look a little white in the photo

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Charlotte, lovely bicolor - and I love the orange beards with the blue/violet color. Who is she? I'll look for you but I don't know.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

This photo taken at the same time. The sun was going down and highlighted the purple while the rest of the skirt was in shadow and looked bluer.

Thumbnail by Charlotteda
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I have one blooming very much like this one.. I think it is called "Proud Tradition"..

larkie

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thank you Larkie, I will do some research. :)

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Larkie, the pic at Argyle Acres certainly looks right - though the one at Schreiners (if it is the right one) must have been taken in a shaded condition. They talk about a high bud count - I will have to go outside and take another good look at mine.
:)

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

If you suspect an iris is a certain cultivar. For instance, if I wonder about the purple one being Proud Tradition. Where can I search to find details about that particular cultivar. Things that you would use to ID. stem height, bud count, coloring on the base of the leaf , etc. I have looked at the world iris site but it is so complex I cant figure out how to do a good search.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

It doesnt look good Larkie. I think Proud Tradition is supposed to have a high bud count 8-10. Mine only have a bud count of 3 on each stalk. I dont know if conditions affect that - maybe someone can tell me :)

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

She looks ALOT like "cooling trend" as pictured in the plant files. How can I find out info such as bud count and height. I'm not getting much when I google for cooling trend.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thank you Betsy Bug but the top of the schreiners one is too light. Mine is more of a light blue or pale lav. :)

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

how about this one ' Mystique ,this pic pic was taken under neon
light so it is a lot paler blue then pic .in garden

Thumbnail by tazzy
Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thank you oh great and wise Tazz..... I'm not being smart.. I'm serious ! :)
That is a very good possibility, I will try to do a little more research. It is amazing how this bloom looks very purple in some light and very dark blue in others. As you can see in the second picture that I posted !

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Thank you tazzy. That is it. I looked at several photos are different sites and found several with the exact blend of light blue and purple on the top and blue/purple shading on the bottom. Thanks :) :)

you wellcome it a great iris . and has great stalks and form can hold it on with the newest ones .

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

Tazzy, some folks are saying that mystique has a blue beard where mine is orange?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Here is the official description with which MYSTIQUE was registered with the AIS:

MYSTIQUE

(J. Ghio, R. 1972). Sdlg. 69-156P. TB, 36" (91 cm), E-L.
"S. light blue, deep blue-purple midrib; F. deep blue-purple; blue beard. ((((Frosted Starlight x (Spanish Peaks x Black Satin)) x ((Cahokia x Pierre Menard) x (Black Forest x Chivalry))) x Penthouse) x (Mahalo x Diplomacy)) X Veneration. Bay View Gardens 1975

If you want to confirm whether or not your unknown is MYSTIQUE, the only reliable way of doing so is to purchase a correctly identified MYSTIQUE from a reliable source (Joe Ghio's Bay View Gardens would be the best source to check) and grow it next to your unknown in your own garden for side by side comparisons of all plant, growth, and bloom characteristics over the next year or two.

Laurie

jlets put all our who that in a pile or theyw will get lost http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/503383/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.